XF Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Single climate Vent on drivers side does not automatically open with the other three front vents. Is this a Big and complicated job to fix ????

·
Administrator
22,447 Posts
Try this :

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, Many thanks for your reply. This vent opens and closes manually with hardly any effort. Maybe this is the normal setup. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
If you can open and close the air vent without any effort, I'm pretty sure, something is broken in the mechanism. I think I rememnber, it has been discussed here some years ago, but I don't have time to search for it right now. Normally, you can't just open and close the air vent by hand. I don't suppose, the other three air vents behave the same way.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Simple fix, plenty of YouTube videos. Part is around £8. I did mine just before Xmas, relatively easy job.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you can open and close the air vent without any effort, I'm pretty sure, something is broken in the mechanism. I think I rememnber, it has been discussed here some years ago, but I don't have time to search for it right now. Normally, you can't just open and close the air vent by hand. I don't suppose, the other three air vents behave the same way.
Because the three central vents work perfectly, automatically, I am hesitant to interfere with them manually. The permanently open vent on the drivers side is not an inconvenience, but just seemed unusual for it not to be automatic.

·
Registered
1 Posts
All 4 vents are automatic when new, so yours is broken.
The youtube video with detailed repair and the plastic part details which usually breaks:
Probably the rightmost vent is the easiest to take out, I would recommend downloading a free workshop manual, that will clearly show you where to pry trims in what sequence to get it out for repair.

Gabor

1 - 7 of 7 Posts