XF Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All my new friends on the XF Forum I鈥檝e just brought a 2015 Jaguar XF R Sport and this is my first Jaguar 馃悊.

I am so happy that I have one and the car is a great looking car inside and out, having driven it I can say it鈥檚 the best car I have ever had and it feels great being behind the wheel.

My commute to work and back home will be a great drive and comfortable, so happy to have chosen a top quality British 馃嚞馃嚙 Car over the other luxury car brands .

Thank you Jaguar 馃悊 for producing such prestige luxury cars.

And thank you all for having this Jaguar XF Forum.

Registered
Welcome to the forum and our "club" of XF owners. Normally we ask for photos, so we can admire your new car.

Unfortunately this forum has declined somewhat during the last few years. A lot of members seem to have disappeared. The rest of us mostly discuss the dire straits of JLR and how the future will be for not only JLR, but for the world. That is actually very entertaining too. The XF was a great car some years ago, but Jaguar hasn't been able to keep up with the competition. Same goes for build quality, which has fallen dramatically according to user satisfaction surveys. Ten years ago, JLR cars were at the top. Now they are at the bottom.

I never got a new Jaguar. Somehow I wasn't really tempted. The new one doesn't appeal as much to me as the one I already have. We also don't need two cars in the family as much as we did before. My wife went back to work in our town a few years ago, and our children have grown up. But on some occasions it is nice to have two cars. I have chosen to keep my XF as a fun car, that can also be used as a daily driver. The one I have now was also my father's last Jaguar, so it has sentimental value to me.

As it is for now, I'm not going to get a new Jaguar. I have ordered a VW ID.3. I think the future lies in EV's. Having tried a few, I think they are amazing to drive and to own. You'll have to get used to think differently about charging, than you do about filling up the petrol or diesel car, but that is just a matter of getting used to it. After that, owning an EV is as easy if not easier than owning a conventional petrol or diesel car. I hope ;-)

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Muenster I enjoyed reading your post and I will add a few photos of my 2015 Jaguar 馃悊 XF R Sports 2.2i Diesel Automatic which I have had for 5 days and have had a great time driving it on my commute to and from work.
D129C7F9-47A3-400A-96CF-CC85E95E259E.jpeg
129DA9C3-31CC-41A5-978E-0EA91B0A76F5.jpeg
DEC3D5B3-ABF3-4B31-B5FA-D891F74AD4DB.jpeg

I really love this my dream car and every time I drive it I have a smile 馃槉 on my face and feel special to own a Jaguar 馃悊

Administrator
Thanks Muenster I enjoyed reading your post and I will add a few photos of my 2015 Jaguar 馃悊 XF R Sports 2.2i Diesel Automatic which I have had for 5 days and have had a great time driving it on my commute to and from work. View attachment 50059 View attachment 50060 View attachment 50061

I really love this my dream car and every time I drive it I have a smile 馃槉 on my face and feel special to own a Jaguar 馃悊
I had one in Italian Racing Red and like you I very much enjoyed the experience. Prior to that I had a 3 Litre Portfolio in Ultimate Black. Before that it was a Botanical Green 2,7 which was really special because it was one of the first in the country. I remember driving in Cardiff on the way to the Mumbles and was amazed to be joined by another XF. We processed along the dual carriageway until he turned off towards the Morriston Hospital.
Now like Meunster we have gone electric but in my case it is a Hyundai Kona. I have reserved a VW ID 3 but am not likely to complete on it because in the U.K. we are being denied the Head up Display which for me is a deal breaker.

Registered
Thanks Muenster I enjoyed reading your post and I will add a few photos of my 2015 Jaguar 馃悊 XF R Sports 2.2i Diesel Automatic which I have had for 5 days and have had a great time driving it on my commute to and from work. I really love this my dream car and every time I drive it I have a smile 馃槉 on my face and feel special to own a Jaguar 馃悊
Great looking car. It looks like the one I had. Except mine was only a Luxury. Mine was in Azurite blue, and your XF looks dark blue like mine. My XF was made in 2011. Due to the earthquake in Japan back then, a factory making an important component in metallic car paint had been destroyed. The car factories had to make temporary colours, until they could get the right component needed for their normal colours. I think my azurite blue was such a temporary colour. Your car being much newer probably is another dark blue.

I was very happy with my first XF. A faceliftet one like your (MY2012-2015). It was my first Jaguar. I wasn't crazy about the original XF, when it was launched. A lot of people were disappointed, since it didn't look nearly as good as the concept car shown in advance. But when I saw the faceliftet one in 2011, I was completely sold. It looked a lot like the concept car. Five years later my father couldn't drive anymore, so I got his XF. It was the original model. Much more old-fashioned in the electronics department. But it had a huge V8 engine, and had been treated carefully and not driven much. That's why I ended up with an older XF than my first one. Now I must admit, I have started to like the original XF a lot. It has more of the old classic look with a lot of chrome. But sometimes I miss the faceliftet one I had.

Registered
Hello all,
I`m a newbie from yesterday.
Bought my first jag in november ( 2014 2.2 xf r sport )
I posted a query yesterday, wonder if anyone can help ?
it was about charging the batteries to ensure the stop start kicked in.
would be greatful for any advice

regards gwalia

Registered
Hello all,
I`m a newbie from yesterday.
Bought my first jag in november ( 2014 2.2 xf r sport )
I posted a query yesterday, wonder if anyone can help ?
it was about charging the batteries to ensure the stop start kicked in.
would be greatful for any advice

regards gwalia
I just sent you a reply in the other discussion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts