XF Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered yesterday what will become the best car I have ever owned! It was very nerve racking when the dealer went to talk to the boss after looking over my 2006 Audi A4 Avant (Which I'd just like to point out that I got back less than half of what a payed for it 10 months ago!) :x I was dreading not being able to afford the XF!

Being taken up to the compound and seeing all the XF's still wrapped in their plastic and getting to choose which one I wanted was a great experience! I went for the 2.7D V6 Luxury, in Liquid Silver, with Charcoal leather interior, it has a few small options like the metallic paint (obviously), the 18" Venus alloys, the parking aid with rear reversing camera, and the carpet mats.

I contemplated waiting for the new 3.0D engine but I couldnt justify letting my Audi pass the 3 year old MOT in which I am aware it will need a few jobs doing including a bloody £1000 Front wing.

I only have to wait 2 weeks for my XF but I'm shaking with anticipation as a write this! :p

I will get some pictures up as soon as I get it! :D

Tommy :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
You are not alone! I too am waiting.... passing the time by reading the manual! Thinking of all those folks that already have the car. Don't want to wish my life away but its like looking forward to Christmas when I was a kid!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Chaps - Glad to know that I'm not alone! It is almost unreal the way that the wait is dominating my life at the moment. As a 30 something family man with a responsible job, I am both feeling and behaving like a child waiting for his birthday which is somewhat embarrasing. Must admit that I haven't felt like this with any of my 6 company cars (of which two were X Types!) or new cars that I've bought for my wife so I just hope that I'm not expecting to much from the XF as it would be a shame to be disappointed. I've exhausted interest at home from my wife and all members of the team that I manage have politely looked at pictures on the Jaguar website - I'm logging on here wherever possible to get my fix until the 1st March!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I've also joined the 'waiting is agony' club!! I've never been into cars, they're just a tool to do a job for me but I'd always promised myself at least one decent motor. The change in feelings now knowing that it's there waiting for me is bizarre!

So excited it's ridiculous :D

Q (44 going on 6!)

[edit] The dealer never told me this was going to happen...

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
I am not at all sure that "Miss Impatient" aka XF FX is going to approve of their marketing ploys :lol:

·
Registered
281 Posts
I can only but echo your thoughts and comments regarding the 'longest wait ever'. I like to think I'm a pretty level headed, mature and responsible chap, yet I find most of my waking thoughts are taken up with one subject, no not that one, the new car!!!

Do you find you have to keep checking the brochure or web site for some spurious reason, or some little detail you've suddenly though of? It's almost got to the stage now that I get embarrassed if I'm yet again gazing longingly at the brochure when my wife walks in. She says there was a time when I looked at her like that :D :D

Must go now, just remembered another minor detail that needs close and careful examination for the best part of the next hour ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts