XF Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ,just joined having purchased a 2011 facelift xf se 2.2 diesel.
Does anyone know of a problem using a garmin sat nav on the windscreen, mine is lagging and having trouble accessing satellites. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi ,just joined having purchased a 2011 facelift xf se 2.2 diesel.
Does anyone know of a problem using a garmin sat nav on the windscreen, mine is lagging and having trouble accessing satellites. Thanks in advance
I have heard the heated windscreen can block the signal for the sat nav.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I used my iPhone as a navigator, until I got my 2011 facelift XF. In the XF it was practically useless due to trouble finding the satellites. I could get some contact, but it was lagging, and the speed indicator was jumping up and down while driving. I bought a Garmin navigator, and it worked. I concluded, that a dedicated navigator had better antennas than the iPhone back then. My XF back then didn't even have heated windscreen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks ,I think my xf has a heated screen and my garmin seems to lag behind ,looses sat and the speed is not accurate, I am going to try and cchange change the position of the garmin and see if it makes any difference

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
Thanks ,I think my xf has a heated screen and my garmin seems to lag behind ,looses sat and the speed is not accurate, I am going to try and cchange change the position of the garmin and see if it makes any difference
Yes, my Road Angel failed to work in the best position. In the end I moved it to the near side of the screen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts