1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
22,552 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It must be a coordinated story coming from JLR though based on the number of different reports carrying the same text.

·
Registered
7,010 Posts
On other news, JLR to create pink unicorns in their Gaydon stables.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Since pekem seems to have disabled other people from starting a new thread in this section, I will post here.

All the motoring press seem to be carrying a story about the new in-line 6 engine today, both petrol and diesel.

An example is this:
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/jlr-launch-ingenium-straight-six-engines

Perhaps my new car can wait a bit longer.
I can confirm this article as being correct since Jaguar informed me about the inline 6 cylinder engines project (diesel and petrol) fitted with turbo this week, personally.

·
Registered
7,010 Posts
I can confirm this article as being correct since Jaguar informed me about the inline 6 cylinder engines project (diesel and petrol) fitted with turbo this week, personally.
Any word on how much it will stick out in front of the front "axle"?

·
Registered
7,010 Posts
Bad news it won’t be in the XF.
6 years later and it is not in the XF and when tested by Car and Driver (published this week) in the Jaguar it landed (F-Pace P400) it performed worse than the 12 year old Ford V6 in the previous gen F-pace.

I am a fan of I-6 engines, but the Ingenium seems to be too late and too uncompetitive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts