XF Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking to get the jaguarwatch system for my car but i'm not sure if it's worth it or not, i'm more interested in the fact that it will help lower the insurance for my car over the course of time I have it than it being an alternative to gap insurance. Does anyone know if there is an annual subscription for the service after purchase and how much it would cost?

Pro's and cons of jaguarwatch would be much appreciated.

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
It depends on the amount of premium you are presently paying. I would suspect that you would need to want the system for benefits other than discounted premiums. Given that the all-inclusive price of a fitted system is £1,401.75 which includes 3-year subscription for pan-European cover and roaming SIM card (including roaming across UK domestic networks) and perhaps a discount of 10% on the insurance may be achievable, it appears expensive. Plainly the renewal figure is going to be quite high because the technology can't be that expensive surely.

http://www.carpages.co.uk/jaguar/jaguar-xk-11-04-06.asp

I would also look at the offering from Road Angel. It would be possible to incorporate speed camera alerts, text messages and GPS tracking for a lot less than the Jaguar product. Living where you do I would think the Road Angel would be a great help in itself.
https://www.roadangelgroup.com/Tracking.aspx

·
Registered
618 Posts
I wouldnt bother with any kind of tracker, let alone the Jaguarwatch. Do you really want your car back after some ******* has stolen it and wrapped it round a tree for you only to get it back "rebuilt" by an "approved" repairer? Not me. I would rather get return to invoice gap insurance (check the small print) and then when some chav steals your car (especially if he does it in year 3) does you a favour and you get a shiny new XF with latest spec or the cash to spend on something else should your love affair with the XF be coming to an end.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts