XF Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone with an XF have a dog aswell? How does the XF's interior do when it comes to the attraction of pet hair off of jackets and trousers and the like?

No way am I letting my dog in the Jag by the way :eek:

Tommy :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Re: Pets and Jaguars

Yep have a GSD and she is *NOT* getting in the XF.... she can stick to the 407SW... sorry Zena!!
However, we also have kids (can be just as messy) so getting a Jag back seat cover to help maintain the real seat leather - protect from little feet, fingers and baby seat indents/marking!! It was either that or sell them on Ebay :eek: ....it was a close decision ;)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Yes I too think I will be investing in the rear seat cover.

I've got a Border collie pup who spews Black and white hair everywhere. :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
100 Posts

I have a little westie who fits nicely in the boot. But makes a hell of a noise when cornering at 60+ :D :D :D :D :D ;)

seriously, I use a double douvet cover on the floor in the front covering both floor and seat. My son keeps him on the floor. He quickly settles down and sleeps.

Hate to have a great dane or a loopy red setter :!:

·
Registered
38 Posts

No pets - just a guard-jaguar who doesn't make any mess :)

·
Registered
176 Posts

:D Seems the in token gift from Jag... when we picked up our Cham, the dealership presented us with 2 Jag cubs for our babies :)

·
Registered
83 Posts

We have a Shih-tzu and I have been looking into the soft dog crate/carrier things which will go on the leather seats without anything metal to mark them

Check out http://www.pimpmypets.co.uk

Whilst I don't want to make it a habit to take the hound in the Jag, on occasion it might be unavoidable so I'm thinking this could work.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Hi, I am now the very proud owner of an XF SV8 - and wow, I have missed out in life. I too have a Labrador, which malts like mad. So no chance of getting in the car, sorry but the wifes lexus can now deal with the car hairs
:ugeek:

·
Registered
3 Posts

That's another subject totally - I still have an IS250, I was meant too sell it, as we don't need two cars. Only to be told she finds the Jag too big.. Quids in for me - but then she says she wants to keep the Lexus... aaahh no win situation. So taking into account the dog and the two kids and the wife fit comfortabely in the lexus - I think I have come out better - not financially though!

·
Registered
306 Posts

I never saw the dogs in the options list. I must look harder in future.

As for wives... haven't met mine yet!

·
Administrator
22,496 Posts

Welcome to the forum, RingoWinner :)

Pleased to read that you are delighted with your XF; not so pleased that you are challenged financially as a result :(
I was hoping to be able to peddle a set of Stickers and seek a donation for our appeal, as below.
Well, maybe your finances are not sufficiently parlous that you are prevented from indulging yourself, just this once :)

Now then, back on to the topic of, what is it, animals :?

G

·
0 Posts

twosheds said:
I never saw the dogs in the options list. I must look harder in future.

As for wives... haven't met mine yet!
So.....Twosheds...... if you haven't got a wife why do you need one shed let alone Twosheds. Aren't these places where we hide from the wife :lol:

I digress...... What was the topic :?:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Rear seat cover

I'm looking for a rear seat cover to take my dog along.
It should be fast and easy to install and a good fit.
On Ebay I just found this very affordable one made from 0,15mm thick Nylon.
Does someone have experience with this item, or any alternative?

·
Administrator
22,496 Posts

It seems that there are few subjects that have not been covered in a topic somewhere here so your topic Antoine has been merged with this one :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Although his main transport is his Lintran box in the back of our Skoda Yeti, I have a Maelson 92cm fabric crate across the back seat for when I have to transport our Toller pup during the week when my wife is at work. It sits on a travel rug and has loops to attach to the rear seat belts - although it is quite tight in there and a taller driver might struggle to get the seat back far enough. He seems to like it, especially as the breeder used to have Classic FM playing in his pen, so he probably feels quite at home.

Here he is at home next to the smallest of our cats, for scaling purposes:

Mark

·
Registered
16 Posts
I looked around for a collapsible crate to go in the rear foot well. However, so far I have been unsuccessful in locating one.

Still in the look out, so if anyone has found one then please let me know.

I only need the small size, since we have a small dog.

Cheers

·
Registered
480 Posts
I'm looking for a rear seat cover to take my dog along.
It should be fast and easy to install and a good fit.
On Ebay I just found this very affordable one made from 0,15mm thick Nylon.
Does someone have experience with this item, or any alternative?
Very topical :D

We have a poorly Boxer at the moment so I have had to take her to the vet on a few occasions recently in the XF (since my wife has her Audi at work)

Anyway we have one of these seat covers off e-Bay albeit for the Audi and I have been spreading this across the back seat. Bit of a faff to get it installed since it's obviously not a perfect fit and it looks a bit odd having 'S Line' embroidered across the back seat of a Jaguar.

Bottom line though is that it works just fine, keeps the seat covered whilst allowing for seat belt fixings that enable us to strap the dog in safely.

·
Registered
204 Posts
midnight_xf said:
I looked around for a collapsible crate to go in the rear foot well. However, so far I have been unsuccessful in locating one.

Still in the look out, so if anyone has found one then please let me know.

I only need the small size, since we have a small dog.

Cheers
Not sure what you will find to fit in the footwell, unless you have a very small dog, but you might want to look at the Sturdibag range Sturdibags . They are flexible but not exactly collapsible, however they are very light and the shoulder strap means they are easy to carry - we have one for our cats. I would have thought the back seat would be a better option - both the Sturdibag and the Maelson have seat belt straps and the smallest Maelson (which is collapsible) is 62cm which would still leave the other rear seat usable Maelson 62cm . None of the animals seem bothered about the slope of the seat squab.

Mark

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for the replus and I'll take a look at the sturdibag.

Back seat not an option I'm afraid, due to two kids car seats.

Many thanks

1 - 20 of 34 Posts