XF Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
That was a photoshop from Auto Express a while ago, nothing to do with the actual XJ Jaguar are working on.

·
Registered
55 Posts
That may be so, but it's clear sign that the Jag designers have definately caught the interest of the press. At last. This can only be good news because as the desirability to own a Jaguar increases, the resale values of XF's will improve.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a bit more than a "Photoshop" picture. This was an Email from the Sales Manager at Hatfields where I got my XF:

Dear Customer,

Here is a picture of the new XJ. As you can see it certainly has the wow factor. It should be available late 2009/early 2010. We expect prices to be similar to current XJ.

If you would like to pre order a vehicle you may do so with a deposit of £500 and be among the first to own one. Your deposit would put you on a list.

Once we have exact prices and specification we will ask for a further £1500 to secure your car, at this point we would refund your initial deposit of £500 should the vehicle not be suitable, but judging by the picture I don’t think this will be the case.

I hope that clears things up.

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Steve Willo said:
It's a bit more than a "Photoshop" picture. This was an Email from the Sales Manager at Hatfields where I got my XF:

Dear Customer,

Here is a picture of the new XJ. As you can see it certainly has the wow factor. It should be available late 2009/early 2010. We expect prices to be similar to current XJ.

If you would like to pre order a vehicle you may do so with a deposit of £500 and be among the first to own one. Your deposit would put you on a list.

Once we have exact prices and specification we will ask for a further £1500 to secure your car, at this point we would refund your initial deposit of £500 should the vehicle not be suitable, but judging by the picture I don’t think this will be the case.

I hope that clears things up.
Alas, I do not think that it does.
It is an astonishingly bad picture from which to solicit pre-orders; certainly not a Jaguar Publicity Dept effort. It would appear that Hatfields have simply copied the photograph published by Auto Express. It may be that zeal of the Sales Manager at Hatfields will cost them dear because it appears to be a straightforward breach of the copyright held by Radivan Varicak :(
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoe ... ar_xj.html

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
pekem said:
Alas, I do not think that it does.
It is an astonishingly bad picture from which to solicit pre-orders; certainly not a Jaguar Publicity Dept effort. It would appear that Hatfields have simply copied the photograph published by Auto Express. It may be that zeal of the Sales Manager at Hatfields will cost them dear because it appears to be a straightforward breach of the copyright held by Radivan Varicak :(
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoe ... ar_xj.html
I am afraid the photo does nothing for me. Too in your face! :roll:

·
Registered
618 Posts
Having seen an original drawing of the new XJ i can categorically state that it doesnt look like that. It is a photoshop for autoexpress with them speculating how it may look.

·
Registered
3 Posts
craig said:
Having seen an original drawing of the new XJ i can categorically state that it doesnt look like that. It is a photoshop for autoexpress with them speculating how it may look.
As you have seen a drawing can you say if it does look anything like the XF or whether it is a totally different design? ;) I was hoping they would continuie with the XF 'design language.'

·
Registered
618 Posts
It fits in with the XF but think longer and wider and more aston rapide. they will all be LWB as standard too

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
craig said:
It fits in with the XF but think longer and wider and more aston rapide. they will all be LWB as standard too
Well whenever I see an XF on the road it appears to be huge. The XJ on the LWB will look as big as a Bentley :eek:

·
Registered
618 Posts
Yes Pekem that is the idea as they will push it upmarket to compete with such. Apparently there will be LWB saloon and later a SWB coupe to compete with the likes of the Bentley GT and Flying Spur

·
Registered
225 Posts
Wow, competing with the bentley and such...... What sort of price point are they aiming at???

·
Registered
22 Posts
This is pretty much the new XJ. it has a full glass roof and will be the "ultimate Jaguar" - this is what we are being told anyway but they are still very much hish hush about it. The price will be about the same as the current one - that is the aim anyway. we are hoping the new engines in development at the moment will be in it pretty quick!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts