XF Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I got a good look at both the new Jaguar XF-R and the XJ Supersport at the Beverly Hills Concourse this weekend. I was quite surprised to discover that because the larger XJ SWB is aluminum (vs. the XF being made of steel) and because both cars have the same drag coefficient they have identical 0-60 (4.7 secs) and identical fuel economy. Both cars have 510hp at the same rpm and identical torque figures and are both limited to 155mph. I priced them both our on Jag's website and my ideal XF-R came out to about $82,000 and my ideal XJ Supersport came out to $111,000.

So this begs the question, which one would you drive?

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Is this an old post, which has surfaced five or more years too late? Is it a time-lapse? A crack in the matrix? There hasn't been an XF-R for five years. When the current model was launched for MY2016, the fastest version was the XF S with a V6 engine. There has been no V8 in the XF since 2015. The XJ Supersport seems to have been made in the years 2009-2013, and production of the XJ stopped completely last year. I don't know, how you can price an XF and an XJ on Jaguar's website. You must have come across a very old website. But apart from that, they are both gorgeous cars. I don't know, which one to prefer. Normally I would have said the XF, but I am getting older, so I'm leaning more and more towards the XJ.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts