XF Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know, if you are aware of a person called "Hilton", who owns an XF and has posted several videos on Youtube about his life with the car. I think he's from Australia. He has just released a video about the facelift of the XF, where he shows spy photos of prototypes and "Photoshop" pictures of the car, as it is imagined to be. He seems to believe, the facelift is coming soon.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
I don't know, if you are aware of a person called "Hilton", who owns an XF and has posted several videos on Youtube about his life with the car. I think he's from Australia. He has just released a video about the facelift of the XF, where he shows spy photos of prototypes and "Photoshop" pictures of the car, as it is imagined to be. He seems to believe, the facelift is coming soon
Jaguar's official registrations in February in Australia were less than 200 - just google 'vfacts' for articles with the details.

Fewer than 100 cars would have been sold, really, which is not sustainable, across 6 model lines.

This just shows why the XF has been effectively, unannounced, binned.

You don't facelift a car 5 years, or more, after its intro. You don't spend up to £100m or more majorly updating a car that will then be on sale for 2 years or less.

The E-Class has just been majorly updated, and the 5-Series will follow this summer/early autumn.

The facelifted E-Class has a brand new 2-litre petrol engine, and oodles of plug-in hybrids.

The cost of this to Daimler is probably €1 billion or more.

Remember, this is why Ford walked away from Jaguar and Land Rover. To compete with the Germans takes the kind of money that is reserved in UK only for The City, and its servicing operation - Crossrail, Transport for London, etc.

UK will not and never has spent the required money on its industry, off its own bat, with fools like BMW and Ford occasionally spending the required, but then realising they're operating in an environment in UK that is set up for parasites - £500k average homes for factory workers at Longbridge or Cowley, who have to exist on £15-20k/yr take-home pay.

Nothing is geared up for value-adding industry, everything for money-stripping parasitic operation.

Putting photoshops on YT is not a substitute for the real thing - a country, system that is there to serve the requirements of the majority of its population.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hilton lives in South Africa.
Thank you. I couldn't find it anywhere. He writes about his life and interests, but not where he lives. When I see a car with right hand drive and strange (not British) registration plates, and the owner speaks English with an accent, then I think Australia. But of course there is also South Africa and probably other countries, where this description fits.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts