XF Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 558 Posts

·
Administrator
22,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are presently awaiting delivery for your new XF and need somewhere to relieve the stress and share your thoughts with others in the same position; this is the topic for you. :)
News of delivery times,deals, pictures seen, stories heard; share them all here.
Of course wannabe XF owners are welcome as guests to post but it is important that provocative, negative, or just "wind them up" posts are left elsewhere. This has to be a calm and peaceful area; some of them are already shaking with anticipation :lol:
Presently we know of the following members and if you should be on the list please post.
It would also be good if when posting for the first time, if members would state which model colour and extras have been chosen.

Pictures that you have seen, taken or created would be a bonus and to start you off we have one that I am sure you have seen a million times before :)

tictag
nthacker
TMS
Flat Eric
fyshdawg
mally13uk
PMaini
ohyeh
jagjp
Wilkin
smudger7
igareth
Barkster
corky
phil_b
yelnrub
ferrari348
tonybanks
ucla95
XFinBucks
cgreen200666
gem
irisheyes
Nellie
xffactor
bimmer
amalick
Risotto
birchy31
mark
Jollybob
Mark
Vorix *
Lussac
Ianfca
shepherdspie *
keith.williams
vmstat
doctorwolf
xfdreamer
rog3141
jerryl
Zedess
Selseymech *
Irond *
Blade
v6 dxf *
jag new boy
Barney
peterfox
jag new boy
Ronniewales *
Loiner
sweeney todd *
Plip
Dauste
lilactime
CSGMART *
LeeH
rana4u
Phil
MrPix
pacmeoff *
SUB
Delicatethunder
Cypress
wilf
jamielewisxf
SJWXFS
rsj
HarryW
JasJab
tomdoc
RUN BOY
ianyoung13
graham2650
Adster *
chandru
Scootmien
controller1
FynnGolfer
SUB
sarah_87
squeakyclean
cedric
Urbandriver
johnaXF2
perussell
Daviemcc
Topher
vika01
sykes888

we have a few promotions presently which I will set out here, just click on them for details :)

15% discount to forum members

·
Registered
281 Posts
Re: Jaguar XF 3 Litre Buyer's Lounge . Members Only

What a good idea, I think we'll all need somewhere for a little stress relief!

Not sure about that pic though, think it's probably an XFR.

How about this one instead. No real way of knowing if it is a 3.0DS but at least it has the gorgeous Senta wheels (drool drool...)

·
Registered
76 Posts

Pls add me to the impatient waiting list. I'm expecting my 3.0d Portfolio S in Pearl Grey, Ivory with Senta's on 20 March or thereabouts so anything to bridge the gap would be most welcome!

·
Registered
11 Posts

Currently 2.7 Prem Lux Vapour Grey - Carelia's, Bi-Xenons & Parking. I wanted the new S but unfortunately left it too late and found all the first allocations had been sold. I've now just ordered a 3.0D Prem Lux in Ultimate Black with 20" Senta's, Parking and B&W.
I originally chose the Bi-Xenons on my existing XF after having them on my previous car, Range Rover Sport where I found them to be excellent, but I'm not convinced with them on the XF. I've also had people tell me that there is something wrong with my lights when I've been following them as one appears bright and the other dim.
It is due late March, early April.

·
Registered
38 Posts

Yes, Pekem I am on your list. Have been given a date of 20th April for my Vapour Grey Portfolio with parking pack and Sentas. I will also have the dealer put on splash guards and illuminated sills.

This is a great idea for a postings, my wife is bored to tears by my constant natterings and trips to the pc to check on details of this and that, colours, options, specs, delivery dates, etc. etc. I think we all need an outlet. Now let me have another look at that brochure........

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

Gone Fishin'

·
Administrator
22,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

penultimateblack said:
You may have gone fishing but you simply could not avoid packing your wireless Lap-top could you :?:
I see the visits that you make to us, both in the daytime and at night, so don't try and kid us that you are just relaxing, soaking up the sun and doing a spot of fishing. :lol:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

pekem said:
You may have gone fishing but you simply could not avoid packing your wireless Lap-top could you :?:
I see the visits that you make to us, both in the daytime and at night, so don't try and kid us that you are just relaxing, soaking up the sun and doing a spot of fishing. :lol:
OK you rumbled me - I am on my way back :oops:

·
Registered
242 Posts

Is that the Boeing XF 3.0d premium economy with very fetching Taupe Interior. If so wouldnt want to have to specify the optional alloy wheels - couldnt afford to !!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

andrewll said:
Is that the Boeing XF 3.0d premium economy with very fetching Taupe Interior. If so wouldnt want to have to specify the optional alloy wheels - couldnt afford to !!
Not sure about the wheels, but the (electric) seats were made by Recaro, as were the passenger seats.

·
Registered
242 Posts

[/quote]

All the seats were made by Recaro, tyres by Goodrich.[/quote]

Guess that means the seats give more support than the 2.7 and the ride is better than the Pirellis on 18 inch Venus' ??

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

All the seats were made by Recaro, tyres by Goodrich.[/quote]

Guess that means the seats give more support than the 2.7 and the ride is better than the Pirellis on 18 inch Venus' ??[/quote]

The seats in the cabin were more comfortable than the usual offerings, but I preferred Mr Boeing's standard seats up front. I think the Recaros were fitted because Niki talked them into a special deal he couldn't turn down.

BTW Have you got Pirelis on your car?

·
Registered
242 Posts

Yep Pirellis on 18 inch Venus. Feel the bumps when it's cold but generally handles well for a big (wide bodied?) one. ;)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

My previous car (2002 XKR) had 18" Pirelli P Zeros 245/255's and they were fine apart from a tendency to tramline at slow speeds. I do have some concerns about the 20' wheels on the new XF, but there is no other option. The roads around here are deteriorating rapidly and are bound to get worse now the country is broke.

·
Registered
242 Posts

penultimateblack said:
My previous car (2002 XKR) had 18" Pirelli P Zeros 245/255's and they were fine apart from a tendency to tramline at slow speeds. I do have some concerns about the 20' wheels on the new XF, but there is no other option. The roads around here are deteriorating rapidly and are bound to get worse now the country is broke.
Yes I think I'd be bothered by 20ft wheels :lol:

Dont worry about the country being broke, Gordon can save us. I heard him say so on TV. :roll:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

andrewll said:
Yes I think I'd be bothered by 20ft wheels :lol:

Dont worry about the country being broke, Gordon can save us. I heard him say so on TV. :roll:
OOOPs :oops: I suppose they would be OK on a 50' car.

Gordon saved the world last month, but forgot to include UK. :shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

Looks complicated, I hope it works. :D

Seriously, an article about the 3.0D S in the March edition of Jaguar World Monthly says there are only ten part numbers carried over from the 2.7D, the dipstick has been done away with and the service intervals have been increased to 16000 miles.

·
Registered
38 Posts

Pekem, just noticed on your list of members with 3.0d on order that I am on it twice, I want to reassure everyone that I only awaiting the delivery of one car.

1 - 20 of 558 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.