XF Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant find the answer to this anywhere...so here goes.
Recently bought the 2016 xf and although loving the car I find the in built sat nav very disappointing....was very iffy on a recent visit to the lake district and no safety cameras are installed.
I thought I would try the sygic nav app and install it via in control which I did to try out.Seemed to work ok but the idea was to toggle between the music app within the entertainment system and the sat nav so that I could have my own music playing in the background.Has anybody ever used this music app which I assume is supposed to pick out songs and albums in your phones music library. The app refuses to recognise my phone and tells me to check my phone permissions...which I have done and cant find anything which would prevent it from connecting via usb. There is no problem connecting an ipod or accessing my music via bluetooth
I cant play music by bluetooth if I use the sygic sat nav as the phone switches the screen off .
I thought I read somewhere that the music app is no longer supported. Is this the reason it wont connect?
Great car but not impressed with the in control apps...seems to me Im not in control at all.
I am aware that I can connect my ipad and phone with a usb splitter but connecting 2 devices everytime is a total faff and I didnt think id have to go down that road when I bought the car.
Anybody have any suggestions please?
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi...If steven sutton is reading this I wanted to thank you for your answer which I received by email but which is cut off just as your about to say what your friend thinks the problem might be.
I cant find any trace of your response on here either.Even though I located your name on here no posts are shown......all a bit irritating really.....so if you eventually find an answer Id be very grateful if you could just email me directly to [email protected]
Cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts