XF Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Please check this Jaguar XF 2016 info page https://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/docume ... c/G1901994 and tell me what do you understand, it does or it doesn't have pedestrian AEB , I find confusing information , first it says that it does " The AEB system also helps to identify an imminent risk of collision with a crossing pedestrian." , but on the bottom of the page it says "The AEB system does not operate if:The detected object is not identified as a vehicle." . I have found this 2016 XF for sale and I need to know 100% if it has pedestrian AEB.

·
Registered
161 Posts
The page you linked too has two key things you can check on the car you're about to buy
1. You'll see the cameras adj. to (above) the rear view mirror when viewed from outside. Here's an example image.
2. You should find the in-car menu item which configures the AES on/off within the 'Driver Assistance' section.

If these things are not on the car, my guess is It doesn't have AES.
I'm sorry I can't offer any greater insight than to practically quote the manual.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Did you mean AEB ? Check the car cameras photo here, seems fine. This is the actual car I want to buy, I don't like the color at all BRTSH RACING GRN/AINTREE GREEN....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The fact is that the 2018 model has an additional note at the bottom reffering to pedestrian protection, did they forgot to add the note on 2016 AEB info page or the cameras won't recognize well the pedestrians ? Here is the 2018 AEB info page where you can find explicit pedestrian info Jaguar Owner Information

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yes, I did mean AEB, sorry for the typo. Your potential car does look to have the cameras.
Having read the two pages for the 2016 model year and 2018 my, I'd have to assume that the two cars are slightly different. My guess is the 2016 my has a more basic pedestrian AEB, when compared to the 2018's. Of course, the 2016 manual may just have been poorly written and the pedestrian notes omitted in error, only Jaguar would know for sure.
So at worst, the 2016 my does have pedestrian AEB, just potentially not as refined as the 2018 my.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Isn't that green the ugliest color you have ever seen ? Seems so over 50 years old color..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts