XF Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I imported a relatively new Jagaur XF on beforward ex Singapore and it drove 3km from Container and cut off engine indicating Performance Restricted, the Local Mechanic brought in by the Agent removed 02 sensor and the agent Drove the car 800km, it then cut off Engine and had two Messages, Service Required then Engine Fault System.

On opening the Hood the Electric wires leading to the Fuse Box has melted and stuck ontop of the shock pad. The Same mechanic came back and said it the car had faulty injector plugs which they removed and serviced in a Town called Mbeya in Tanzania.
They car came back to life, was tested for 10km and then it caught fire from under the car exhaust.

They managed to put out the Fire and after that took the exhaust out, lam not clear exactly what happened when they did that but was advised that the Car then took off and drove 500km into Zambia.
After that they experienced a fuel leak as a pipe had been damaged due to the heat I presume.
They tried to fix this leak and proceeded slowly and then while they were trying to crawl into the next town the Car caught fire again and is at present now only cranking but will not start.
I was informed of all this and have asked the Car to be put on a Truck and carried to Zimbabwe so that we can have proper assessment and determine what happened and what caused this challenge.

I was looking forward to having the car having got it for my wife she is shattered and lam equally disappointed.

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems. Did you inspect the car or know its history and what you were buying before you imported it?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I had not heard of Beforward. Do they provide any form of warranty that you can claim on?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They don't provide any warranty once you take possession of the car and you drive it out of Port thats it.
I guess its probably just one of those Losses you have to Stomach and Move Forward

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hopefully once you get the car back and properly inspected it won't be too expensive to fix and you can get it on the road. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Iam hopefully that will be the Case, thanks Ricardo for the positive prospects and outlook l think it will all turn out for the Best l managed to get it aboard a Carrier and expecting it 2mrw.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts