XF Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jaguar just announced (Soviet style) December/2010 US sales.

Jaguar total sales are down 5% (in a hugely up market) vs December 2009. XK is mostly flat, XJ is selling at about four times the 2009 rate (when the old XJ was being discontinued), with all the loss coming from declining XF sales. As it did last month JLR hid the XF numbers, so hard to come by the exact extent of XF sales shortfall, but it is substantially more than a 50% decline.

Since diesel engines are not a factor (not sold in the US), the reported shortage of diesel engines can't be blamed. If anything, there should have been an increase ad Jaguar would have spare capacity for gas-powered XF to sell here.

So has Jaguar just given up on the XF in the US? Or did they exhaust the pool of highly motivated buyers (those looking for British luxury and unconcerned about items such as reliability and lack of AWD)? Will the same fate afflict the XJ after the pent up demand is satisfied?

Jaguar made some right moves like offering a 5 year all-inclusive (even brakes and pads covered) Platinum warranty. That helped take the reliability issue off the table.

What is missing? Captive finance deals and AWD mostly, IMHO. Though some of the missing active safety items - coupled with the poor Euro NCAP crash test results - may be weighting in as well.

Either way, if Jaguar does not fix it, it will be a real shame - a lost opportunity. With the best line up in its recent history to fail to convert the good design/performance into sales in the largest car market (by value) in the world.

Competitive Set Info (Dec/2010 vs Dec/2009):

Maserati +57% to 180
Acura +46% to 15,489
Infiniti +37% to 12,502
Porsche +21% to 2,567
Audi +17% to 10,546
BMW +16% to 23,280
Cadillac +13% to 16,718
Mercedes +7% to 21,469

Lexus -4% to 27,560
Jaguar -5% to 1,180

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Located Jaguar XF Full Year Results (but no hard date on Dec results):

For (full year) 2010 Jaguar XF sales were 6,925 down 19% from 2009 volume of 8,487 in 2009 and 8,578 in 2008.

Full year XK sales were 2,137 down 6% from 2,274 in 2009.

Full year XJ sales recovered to somewhat low-normal levels 4,278 up from 1,161 in 2009 (discontinued old XJ runout effect).

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Robin Hood said:
Looks like things are improving though:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/mo ... -over.html

(No I didn't buy the paper, I was pointed in that direction by a mate)
Well, I'm glad you didn't buy that paper, since their information is COMPLETELY WRONG. Jaguar sales were down last month, and they claim it was up 42% - you should tell your friend to ask for his money back.

S

·
0 Posts
Hi Baron....I`v enjoyed reading your other threads...but is`t this just a re-hash of your previous posts.....I think we all get the picture....Jaguar are selling less cars in the US than it`s competitors....both in % terms, as well as the overall numbers......We could sit here and argue until the cows come home as to why this is the case(Done that in a previous thread).....but at the end of the day the problem is`t mine or yours and there`s nothing we can personally do about it.
Cheers :)

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well - technically, we CAN do something about it. Buy more Jags. I bought 2 XFs already.

Have you bought a Jag lately? :)

Any way - I'm sure you are aware that Jaguar has come close to extinction multiple times due to lack of sales, right?

Are you saying you have no interest and don't care if the brand is mismanaged again, see sales decline, sees models become stale, and even cease to exist like say Rover?

I care. Just my 2c.

S

·
0 Posts
baron95 said:
Well - technically, we CAN do something about it. Buy more Jags. I bought 2 XFs already.

Have you bought a Jag lately? :)

Any way - I'm sure you are aware that Jaguar has come close to extinction multiple times due to lack of sales, right?

Are you saying you have no interest and don't care if the brand is mismanaged again, see sales decline, sees models become stale, and even cease to exist like say Rover?

I care. Just my 2c.
Hi....I do care....and I can see from all your posts that your not happy with the way the company is being managed......I feel a bit tired now but when I`v re-charged my batteries I`ll be back for more!! .Lol
cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts