XF Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those of you that have the desire to try out the Jaguar Track Experience, I am delighted to inform you that we have had notification of some availability at Oulton Park on 27th & 28th October.

The format is exactly the same as the day at Warwickshire with the experience covering XKR-S, XF 3.0D, XFR & XJ.

Activity 1 – ‘R’ Performance - XFR & XKR-S - Performance of the ‘R’ brand, both in terms of engine & chassis.

Activity 2 – Dynamic Experience - XF 3.0 Litre Diesel S
- Dynamic qualities of the Jaguar, in a controlled environment
o Incorporating slaloms
o Lane changes
o Brake / avoidance elements highlighting chassis technologies.

Activity 3 – Ice Road & Fast Laps - XF 3.0 Litre Diesel S
o Driving on a low friction surface
o Experience Dynamic Stability Control, Anti Lock Braking System
o Optimisation settings i.e. Winter mode, Dynamic mode

- XJ Supersport Fast Laps with advise from the pro-driver - High speed driving techniques, incorporating accuracy and safety

These spaces are probably only suitable for those living in the North, or those that don't mind an early start as the start time is 8.30am on both days.

The spaces are £150 and they are available on a first come first served basis. There is more availability on 27th October than the 28th.

Please contact me either by PM with a contact number so I can get back to you, or direct by phone on 0116 282 6868.

Look forward to hearing from you :)

Nichola

·
Administrator
22,530 Posts
If you fancy this event, well worth the money, and don't fancy an early morning drive I would suggest that you check out Travelodge Northwich Lostock Gralam , not a million miles from Oulton Park, where in the sale they have rooms for £19.00 ;)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Well, I have booked on the 28th with a mate on mine. Really looking forward to the day. Thank you for posting Nichola.

Thanks
Steven

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi All

Spaces still available. Let me know if you want to book. Thanks to Swordfishcoupe & Gemset for being quick off the mark. A great morning absolutely guaranteed as Gemset will confirm no doubt! :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hello,

I meant to ask, are spectators allowed on the event ? Obviously, will not get the food etc but just watching and not as a passenger. Just discovered it is Helen's half turn and would not mind coming with me to watch.

Many Thanks
Steven

p.s. Got my email, just for info it says - Participants are permitted to bring guests to the Track Experience. Guests must remain in the Jaguar lounge and may enjoy the hospitality available :)

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Swordfishcoupe/Steven - sent you a pm re guests.

They are always welcome - make sure they have their driving license with them as they may get to have a go if there are no-shows on the day :)

Have a fab time :):):)

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm booked for the 27th with Wife and Son.

Slightly disappointed that the blurb states that we don't get to drive the XJ supersport (just a fast lap with a pro driver).

·
Registered
186 Posts
Now I'm really annoyed.
Just used up all my days off an I only live 5 mins from the track.

Ah well, next time maybe.

Have a great day all you lucky, lucky people who are going.

James.

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JTAdams - we'll keep you posted for next year!

Linxray - don't worry - the fast laps with the pro-driver in the XJ Supersport are the only ones where you aren't driving :) Safety helmets required for this particular part of it so quite a hair-raising ride. Ask some of those that came last week to Warwickshire :):)

You're in control for the rest of it:

Activity 1 – ‘R’ Performance - XFR & XKR-S - Performance of the ‘R’ brand, both in terms of engine & chassis.

Activity 2 – Dynamic Experience - XF 3.0 Litre Diesel S
- Dynamic qualities of the Jaguar, in a controlled environment
o Incorporating slaloms
o Lane changes
o Brake / avoidance elements highlighting chassis technologies.

Activity 3 – Ice Road & Fast Laps - XF 3.0 Litre Diesel S
o Driving on a low friction surface
o Experience Dynamic Stability Control, Anti Lock Braking System
o Optimisation settings i.e. Winter mode, Dynamic mode

Enjoy - I know you will have enormous fun! :)

There are still spaces for those of you still thinking about it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts