XF Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've searched the internet high a low for a problem I am experiencing. I went to the skip to unload some garden waste, when I returned home I went to open the boot and it made this horrible noise as though a solenoid was operating repeatedly (confirmed to be coming from the boot latch). The boot wouldn't open from the pushbutton inside or from the pushbutton outside unless I pulled on it at the same time, it just makes this horrible noise. To top it off, the dash always says the boot is open and I can't lock my car.

I have read that there can be problems with the wiring loom but the fact that something is happening is telling me it's a latch issue. So I have a couple of questions:

1. Do you think this sounds like a latch issue?
2. I have taken my boot apart in preparation and have found the model number off the latch: DX23-442A66. Online there is an AC or an AB after the 66. I'm unsure as to whether this is significant or not? It looks like that part of the code has rubbed off for me.

I'll attach some pictures to help and have a video of the boot being operated if someone wants to message me there number.

Thanks

Greg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For those of you that are interested, I replaced the boot latch and I now have a new problem. The rear windows don't work and the rear doors don't lock. The battery ended up dying, whilst I was waiting for the part. Will make a new post.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts