XF Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Do any forumites know what my rights are regarding delays to delivery of my XF? My dealer has been holding my £1k deposit for some time after my order and build (allegedly) progressed through the system without a hitch. However my 3.0D S Portfolio has now been awaiting delivery for over 3 weeks and now I've been told that I shouldn't expect it this week either.

I'm not sure if Jaguar are have trouble with transporting cars or whether my dealer has sold me a fast one and the build took place later than he actually told me. However, I'd like the option of cancelling the order because this saga has been rumbling along for far too long and the 'dealer' experience has left a sour taste in my mouth. I don't want to lose my deposit but there must come a point where this is classed as non-supply of goods.

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
Sorry to learn of the frustration you are experiencing RichXF :(
It will I am sure turn on the terms and conditions of the contract that you have entered into to determine your ability to vacate it.
Can I persuade you to be a little more patient because it would be a great pity to deny yourself the experience of owning one of the most desirable cars in the world at the moment :)
Consider writing to Jaguar CRC at [email protected] and ask for an explanation. Also, have you spoken to the Dealer Principal at the supplying dealer and asked him / her for a complete update.
It won't help much, but others have had a similar experience which was said to be for a number of reasons but chief among them must be that Jaguar, in common with other makers have scaled back production and this has had a knock on effect with support companies such as the Transporters.
Whatever the cause is I again would say, start with the Dealer Principal :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Already tried the dealer but he states that it's out of his hands and my patience is wearing thin. I was hoping that purchasing an executive car would have been a more pleasurable experience than turning up to a car supermarket to buy a Ford Ka but in fact it has been much worse. I've only held out this long because the XF is the closest to an Aston Martin that I'll ever get :)

Not a good experience with Jaguar thus far...

·
Registered
196 Posts
I had the same problem, just keep trying. The dealers can track your car. I rang CRC and within 4 hours car was found and delivered to dealership. Unfourtunately found slight crease nearside rear panel so please check yours on collection.

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
SN08 TOM said:
I had the same problem, just keep trying. The dealers can track your car. I rang CRC and within 4 hours car was found and delivered to dealership. Unfourtunately found slight crease nearside rear panel so please check yours on collection.
I am sure that is sound advice Tom. Also, RichXF we simply can't mention dealer names in your situation but it is important that you contact Jaguar just to satisfy yourself that they are entirely happy with the dealership.
We learned recently from one member that the dealership with whom he was dealing has been absorbed into another trading group, and only last week a national franchise operation announced that they had replaced their banking covenants.
I am not suggesting for one moment your money is at risk but sometimes delays are associated with problems other than manufacturing.

·
Registered
107 Posts
If its any help Jaguar HQ can track your order and can find out where it is in the system. Castle Bromwich are on a 4 day week at present and only operating a day shift, so clearly they arent able to move cars swiftly.
However, I was told today that accounting for weekends etc it takes 12 working days from build date to complete your vehicle, then it will await transport to the dealer.
I have a delivery date to dealer of 14 may and was told by Jaguar HQ that the build date is 29 April, so accounting for delivery etc that seems about right. (Car ordered 23 march)
I suppose there may be a quality control issue with your car but it does seems that something may not be right. Hope you get an early resolution

1 - 6 of 6 Posts