XF Forum banner

3501 - 3520 of 3573 Posts

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
This only gets worse and worse. And I grew up having these high thoughts about Jaguars cars, which my father loved and always drove. With what I have learned in the recent couple of years, I can look back decades all the way back to my childhood, reading British car magazines, that my father would bring home, whenever they wrote about Jaguars. And I can recognize the same patterns. Jaguars never won any categories. They were never the fastest, the best braking, the most frugal, the most roomy or anything. But when you drove them, the "feeling", the roadholding, when you drove on a twisted country road, then they were by far the best.

And now you have this article from Auto Express. Just to quote the headline: "The all-new battery-powered Jaguar XJ is on the way and our exclusive image shows how it could look". Well, I could make them an exclusive drawing showing them, how it could also look. This is just guesswork. "Our" image! Of course it's exclusive, if they made it themselves. Anybody can do that.

"Its styling will be an evolution of the outgoing car’s, retaining the same long, wide stance and narrow headlamps units, as well as the company’s trademark radiator grille and shark fin antenna." Shark fin antenna!(?) How is that suddenly a trademark for Jaguar? The XF didn't have a shark fin antenna in the beginning. The facelift XF MY2012 didn't even have it. I think it came in MY2013. As far as I remember, BMW's had shark fin antennas long before that. And how lousy is it to mention the antenna? What about two wing mirrors or two windscreen wipers. Are those trademarks as well? Actually, the XF had, rather ridiculously I might add, only one windscreen wiper for years. Totally silly for a car with a low and wide windscreen. And it was a plain wiper. Not like the one from Mercedes, that had telescopic function, so it got longer in the corners of the windscreen to cover a larger area.

And then they quote our old friend Ralf Speth saying: "If battery production goes out of the UK then automotive production will go out of the UK. The battery is 40 percent of the cost of an electric vehicle – we want to keep this kind of added value inside the UK." So there is battery production going on in the UK right now? And they don't want it to go out of the UK? I don't know about Nissan, but I have never heard, that JLR has any battery production in the UK. He was apparently also very evasive, when they asked him about JLR's investment in Castle Bromwich. It is billions, but spread over a number of years. I don't know, how it can be spread over a number of years. I thought they were going to "retool" Castle Bromwich now to make EV's. I don't imagine, they have been doing that spread over a number of years.

Fortunately, the new XJ will have its official debut at the end of 2020 according to the article. So we won't have to wait long, before we actually see it. Or to realize, that it won't be coming.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Fortunately, the new XJ will have its official debut at the end of 2020 according to the article. So we won't have to wait long, before we actually see it. Or to realize, that it won't be coming.
What's really happening here is two-fold:

1. the vacuum of leadership at JLR led to the lieutenants having even less to do, and so passed the time by ringing up their media contacts and doing long, boring, nothing interviews, Julian Thompson foremost, and now CEO-in-waiting, the non-personality, rose without trace, Nick Rogers.

2. Dennis Publishing and Fowler the editor of A/Express sensed that Autocar was partially or wholly departing the field, the field being 'who can be JLR's best buddy', and so have gone over the top in the last couple of months with their closeness to JLR, and 'insider' knowledge.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Anyone got a sub? 'The Tesla of the West Midlands':

- patheric on two counts by the lazy Murdoch media - 'Tesla'/the Musk creature is fast becoming the polar opposite of positive association, and 'West Midlands' is unknown to the London elite, never mind beyond UK.

You don't suddenly decide to 'become/be electric' either. 'I know, Jaguar is dead, and Land Rover's £100k diesels only sell to the braindead, so from tomorrow, 8 am sharp, we start doing electric. Okay?'.

The time for this discussion/decision was 2015 at the latest, when the Germans massively kicked off their volume EV/PHEV programmes, now making hay with Europe's subsidies, full product offerings from €30k to €200k, all bases covered, and Tesla gone down in flames in Europe, due to this and the likes of the Hyundai Kona, now made in big numbers in Czech Republic - completely unreported by the media, notice.

Why would anyone want to follow or have the franchise for Tesla? It has utterly crashed and burned in Europe, even before the real European mass-EV assault begins, with the ID.3 etc.

Its head is fast becoming as toxic as Prince Andrew.

The real story is why Jaguar, Land Rover, the British car industry, didn't become at least on a par with French and Italian automakers, but that would mean looking at how UK is run, and why it's still a medieval fiefdom 800 years on from Magna Carta.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
The Times was right - JLR becoming more and more like Tesla - massive overproduction, massive stocks of unsold cars, salami-slicing of prices to try to find the bottom where they'll sell, genuine sales only to partiot(ard)s, and both propped up by the global media and protected by each's state:

- never mind the nearly 20% official price discount for the XF, the real kiler for (J)LR is 'Faberge-egg' Range Rover:

'Meanwhile, the Range Rover Vogue is priced at P1.49 million less its original P12.49 million tag for a special rate of P11 million.'

- a 'special rate' being: 'we tried this trick with the Range Rover-thing, starting with the "Posh Spice-Evoque" from 2011 to 2015, and then the 'David Bechkham-RRSport' from 2013, and got away with it, but blow me down, now we've no takers for cars that are twice the price of the competition, have more faults than Wimbledon, are slower than molasses, and drink fuel for England and the Commonwealth. It's a total mystery'.

This is what has killed (J)LR, not 'J'. The collapse of the 'Range Rover thing', first with the Evoque, then the Sport and Full-fat being destroyed by the Germans, X5, X7, Q7 etc, and de facto-Germans, Bentley, Lambo and Rolls-Royce, is the real reason for the end of (J)LR, not some non-selling, at-best 40k units/yr XF or XE.

The media will never accept this, as they live in London/South East, or London-on-the-Wolds, places like Burford - Harry's Garage, etc - and so just see every day wall to wall Range Rovers, and so think (J)LR is a world-conqueror.

It's that simple. The morons are too lazy to think literally outside where they live/operate.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
UK June 2020 regs.:

• imagine Jaguar's real fall without NHS, FCO, HM.Gov I-Paces, and usual self-regs. - at least 70%
  • imagine L/Rovers fall without all those 'Ox20' cars, 'Bx20' employee/family/bog cleaner cars, and Duffender launch stocks - lead balloon - no one's buying diesel, especially 20 mpp, £2,000 VED, BiK 30%+ £70k/600 a month lease one
  • Porsche killing it - Taycan sales, and new '992' 911 a hot-hot seller, plus facelifted Macan, RRPsort-replacing Cayenne Coupe, etc
  • Volvo killing it - safe, 'green', 'right image' PHEVs - Xc40, XC60 especially - and quite a few V60s/V60 Cross Countrys now knocking about
  • Toyota coming up on the rails - stealthily, quietly, has replaced Vauxhall as UK's No.2 best volume seller, with the RAV4 suddenly everywhere - another reason for the death of the LR, the DiscoSport - and Yaris for volume sales to bust consumers who need transport, and no public transport
  • why no McLaren on this SMMT/DVLA list? Sales so bad? By contrast, similat size Bentley is now finally killing it - masses of new, excellent(Porsche) product.
The real killer for JLR is the Death of Diesel, in the UK - thee only place it really sells cars.

I said this. Why would you launch a 2.5 tonne plus, huge, blunt SUV, which therefore needs either a big diesel, six or eight cylinders, or a powerful PHEV system, with neither?

You punt out your latest 'Saviour' with a 4-pot Ingenium, and expect the world and his wife to come flocking to your door with wads of cash in their hands.

Punters who have just been told: a) Diesel is deadly, and b) diesel/ICE is being phased out very soon.

So, buying one now, especially one costing typically £70k, qualifies you publicly for a straitjacket.

JLR/Speth knew this, years ago, yet they ploughed on with this Duffender nonsense, hence the stated by themselves at most 11,000 pre-orders, after nearly a year from being launched back in Sep. 2019.

The workers in Nitra must be in Jaguar Castle Brom mode - pushing brooms and painting the new floor. An ~250k/yr capacity factory doing less than 50k/yr production - the Disco5 is an even worse seller than the Duffender.

Never mind a knighthood, Speth should have been strung up. P!ssing away billions of our taxpayer money on this vanity project, for the dwarf McGovern - 'Look at me! I'm only four foot nothing, but I've created a 6'6" monstrosity to make myself look big'.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
While the global media prints some 'news' story about JLR/Jaguar/EV/eXJ/Castle Brom every week, if not every day, for something that was only cover for £500m given to Tata, to tide it over until it sold JLR, real EV events elsewhere are dwarfing this non-thing at Castle Brom:

- Emden new EV plant, opening this time next year.

That's VW matter of factly adding a brand new huge factory basically, for just EV, starting with the ID.4, to the existing vast Emden site, the final assembly hall alone almost the size of all Castle Brom's buildings - 50,000 sq. metres.

Same rubbish with Tesla - every week/day some story from the glonal media about a new UK/Texas/Oklahoma/Asian/Timbuktu factory.

They're both PR ops. Real companies do, and more importantly, only build and spend huge amounts of investors' money if they have demand, unlike JLR and Tesla, where it's about PR, and then sucking down taxpayer cash, to keep the ponzi going - saying X factory costs $/£/€ 1 billion, needing 2-500 million cash from taxpayers up front, for a glorified shed, real construction cost max 20 million - see for instance the Tesla Brandenburg factory suddenly went from a 'factory' to an actual screwdriver facility once approved and past the point of no return.

Between Zwickau and Emden alone, VW will have capacity for 600,000 EVs a year, and yet all we hear is about the drugged up weirdo Musk, and some Gamechanger coming out of the backside of B'ham. Has the penny dropped yet?

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
While Musk finds his true level, the Anne Summers of America, the real industry starts to bury the Prozac creep, with the Audi Q4 e-tron launching tomorrow, likely to be made alongside the ID.3 in Zwickau, the Polestar2 about to hit customers, and the XC40 Recharge and Merc EQA imminent for launch.

No wonder 'Project Freak' - Musk, Tesla, Media, Wall St and US.gov - have gone into overdrive, pumping the share price vertical, and putting hundreds of articles every day about the scum out there, to literally try to drown out what's really going on - Tesla is dying, being buried in Europe, similar in China, with German, Swedish and home-grown EVs nuking the freak, and only 'Last Redoubt' Amerika, and home of the 40 year old virgin geekoid buyer of Tesla the last hope.

The 'premium' Audi Q4 e-tron also of course marks the end of any pretension of JLR being a forerunner, a leader of EV, which of course it never was, just a rushed, bodged F-Pace to get JLR sold to some fool who believed it.

Forget Corona, this is the real 'paradigm shift', so beloved of lazy hacks, always ascribed to Tesla and the creep thing. Summer 2020 is the start of the real European/Chinese/Korean EV offensive, and hence the end of the phony operators Tesla and JLR.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Someone throw the towel in:

- that's the end of the $100k Duffender, and the $60k 'New' DiscoSport and Evoque.

The Duffender won't/can't sell in UK and Europe due to diesel and QE2 turning ability, and the US will flock to the home-grown, half-the-price, reborn hero, not some Indian Jeep knockoff made in an eastern bloc country, likely hit with 10-25% EU import duties.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
What a real Castle Brom EV facility would actually look like, if real - Porsche's Leipzig plant and its new facility for the 2022 Macan EV - main building construction complete already, and training of employees in EV begun:

Porsche is already starting to qualify its employees in Leipzig two years before the fully electric Macan is due to start. "They are eager to launch the electric drive as well as the hybrid," said plant manager Gerd Rupp. "That is why we are already starting the qualification measures for the purely electric Macan."

According to Porsche, the construction work in the plant is still on schedule despite the Corona crisis. Because the construction work continued during the production break from mid-March to early May, Rupp reported. "In the past few weeks we have reached decisive milestones on our way to the electrical location." The topping-out ceremony, which was actually planned for July 3, had to be canceled due to the corona restrictions, but the outer shell of the new body shop had been completed on schedule. Now the construction of the plants inside begins.

During the four-week summer break from mid-July, assembly will also be retrofitted so that combustion engines and electric cars can run on the same line in the future. By the end of 2020, the plant should be able to assemble electric cars as well. The expansion should then be completed in 2021. Porsche is investing a total of 600 million euros in the plant, where Macan and Panamera have so far been built. The lion's share flows into a new body shop.'

- real thing, real, own money, real EV, real company.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
English report on the above:

Look at the size of that new BIW building for the 2022 EV Macan - bigger than the whole of Castle Bromwich - 70,000 sq. metres:

- that's one of the reasons why 'They' are pushing TSLA to the stratosphere - the end of Tesla means the plebs must be told the opposite, and the insiders must cash out at the top - before it 'suddenly' gets revealed as Enron II, and a known loon was fronting it all along.

With this juggernaut of EV, from the Germans, heading to crush everyone except possibly Hyundai and some of the Chinese, I would bank on 'They' already having cooked up 'Dieselgate II'.

They've nothing else, it's what they do - lie, cheat, steal, do evil.

It won't work this time, though. The US is going down in flames anyway, set up by another group of 'They', and China is where it's at, and China has Germany's back, as long as Germany plays ball.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
That new XJ/eXJ/'Bentley-killer' would have had to have been a hell of a car:

1. new 4 seat arrangement Bentley Flying Spur

2. the new S-Class, previewing some or most of its interior this Wednesday - competing with Flying Spur and the new Rolls-Royce Ghost at at its top end.

Different league, all of them. Joke's over. Time to put the cat out of its misery.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Cropley blatantly lying to protect his employer, and its latest near 5.1 metres long, near 2.2 metres wide, near 2 metres tall behemoth, the Duffender?:

'It’s big, over five metres long' - the Merc GLE

- its maker thinks it's 4,924 mm long - see dimensions drawing above in thread.

Maybe he's confused it with the GLS, old age etc, but maybe he and his employer are desperate, with both suddenly realising the XXL Duffender is too big for UK and Europe, hence the abysmal pre-orders and bombed early sales, and so the need to inflate, lie about the size of the direct competition - GLE, X5 and Q7.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Cropley/Autocar/Haymarket with a genuine scoop? A non-inhouse JLR one?!:

The story itself is interesting - Ineos/Ratcliffe cosying up with Daimler possibly - F1 sponsorship already, possibly Mercedes F1 team ownership, stake in Daimler AG, etc.

Of course, Ineos/Ratcliffe have already come across Daimler by their use of MB Tech for the Grenadier, and indirectly via Magna Steyr, which is inextricably linked with the G-Class.

All wheels withing wheels.

Could also be a huge blow to Wales, and to post-Brexit Sunlit-Uplands Spaffer.

But..., possibly the most interesting thing here is how Cropley/Autocar got the scoop.

Has Ineos become the next (anchor) client of Haymarket?

Is this why Cropley had a Damascene conversion on the Grenadier last week - 'a joke', when he worked for JLR, 'I was so wrong, never more wrong in my life', last week.

What brought about this amazing volte-face change? Cropley growing a brain and a pair of eyes, or shekels, Ineos's replacing a patently for the chop JLR's?

If Ineos is already onboard, Haymarket doing some/all of its PR around the Grenadier launch, it would make sense for Cropley to get this scoop.

How things change, ...so fast.

Ineos/Daimler/Geely?, when once it was Tata/JLR/the world is their oyster.

Never was of course, but that chapter is falling apart and disappearing faster than the PR lie of 'Cuddly Boris', the nasty, lying, vile/evil sack ofsh!t.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Okay, here's what I think has happened, re Ineos and Smart Hambach:

- one word: 'Magna'.

The Smart plant at Hambach uses system, 'satellite' suppliers to a high degree, especially when it started in the 1990s.

A key, or thee key supplier, is Magna, basically finally assembling, co-located at 'Smartville', the running gear for the Smart.

I think Magna has said to Ineos Automotive/Jim Ratcliffe:

'We have worked well together developing the Grenadier, at Graz, with Magna Steyr.

Ideally, as this car is in effect a modern original G-Wagen, we would make it at Graz too, like the G-Class, but, politically that would be impossible - a cuckoo in the nest, a direct competitor to the G-Class being made under the same roof - impossible.

Out of the blue, a common friend of ours, Daimler, has decided to close its Hambach factory, and the planned production of the electric GLB, the 'EQB', there next year. We are, or were, engaged there heavily, and stand to lose a lot.

However, we could treat Hambach/'Smartville' as a second, or shadow Graz/G-Wagen plant, making 'The New G-Wagen', your Grenadier, there, to Magna/G-Class standards, and at a fantastic cost - Daimler will basicaly give us the plant, to avoid €500m+ in redundancy/closure costs, and Hambach is a depressed region, for French and EU grants/subsidies.

It's a win-win: we get a new contract plant for nothing basically, and avoid the loss of our Smart business, and you get a first-class, 'in the groove' workforce, and costs that are at least that of Wales/Portugal, if not lower.'

See?

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
What's just north of 'Smartville', Hambach, around 15 miles/30 minutes across the German border?

- ZF's huge facility in Saarbruecken making gearboxes.

Also, it's relatively easy to run the BMW engines up from Steyr in Austria across Germany, by rail or road.

Sir Jim may have wanted to make the Grenadier 'Bulldog British', the new Land Rover, back at the start in 2017, but the world has moved on a lot since Empire-Britain in 1948, and the natural gravity of all things industrial in Europe/the world, especially automotive, dragging everything eventually back to Germany, and its satellites - Hambach of course German for most of the last millennium - to the point the Grenadier inevitably became the 1979 G-Wagen for today, with Steyr-Daimler-Puch cum Magna Steyr, Daimler/Mercedes/MB Tech, BMW, ZF etc, all on board - when 70 years ago it would have been Lord Nuffield this, Baron Austin that, Lucas, GKN, etc the other.

The only fly in the ointment is selling the Grenadier to British patriots. He could keep the Welsh thing going, as a fig leaf operation, like an SVO operation for JLR, where cars from the European factory are brought in for 'finishing', accessorising etc, and then given 'Made in Great Britain', to appease the headbangers, and get round any import tariff.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
JLR's/UK's Muppet&Greedy-land, and reality:

'If you want to help UK automotive, buy a range rover sport or disco sport. JLR probably have more cleaners on staff than ineos have on this entire white elephant project.

Just because JLR are owned by Tata and not some tax dodging, gas fracking British billionaire doesn't mean most of your purchase price doesn't go to British staff/suppliers. Look at how house prices in Leamington Spa have exploded since the new era of JLR to see how important it is to the west Midlands alone.'

- JLR/UK, a bubble, a ponzi, a fraud for the elite and insiders, not a car company or country, but for greedy, low IQ, low morals, ten a penny muppets, to make out like bandits, 'free money', now bricking themselves as their £1m 'link detached', 'Executive' new-build, with a massive 150 square metres floor space and postage stamp garden, looks a tad overpriced, by a factor of four, with JLR out of the picture, and a mortgage they will carry to their grave, probably an early one from stress, or the bankruptcy court.

Reality:

'Thousands of agency workers at Jaguar Land Rover plants could lose jobs'

'According to Unite the union, the cuts will affect two in five of the entire workforce employed by DHL on the JLR logistics contract across full-time, salaried and agency staff.
It's been described by the union as a "bitter blow", and comes as a result of a decline in car production.'

- where's Speth? In a safe room in one of his 'extensively, tastefully refurbished; south Warwickshire Tudor mansions?

Major fraud-committing clown wants stringing up, or at least tailed for 'a suspected motoring offence' by a van-load of the Met's 'finest', before he legs it. He should be in an orange jump suit, leg irons and Belmarsh

All made out like bandits, from the vacuous, venal muppet above - 'will no one think of the house prices?!' - to the 'knight', to the rewarded mandarins in Whitehall told to look the other way and rubber stamp every JLR lie and fraud, to the complicit ministers, not least Spaffer's brother, to the Old Bill, who conspired centrally in The Heist, to the 'Lord', Bhattacharyya, showered with titles, honours and money, but just the bagman for Tata, shovelling billions of UK taxpayer money to them via his outrageous personal fiefdom in a public British university, to the billionaires in Bombay, whose rotten companies, steel and autos, and hence Tata Sons, have been propped up by this UK money, to the scummiest of them all, the media, who lied, and lied, and lied, to get the shekels for their kids' private education, so that they too will be on the UK gravytrain, avoiding having to make/scrap a living in Modern Sh!thole Bent Britain,

Will be blamed on Corona.

Speth will be gone in a matter of weeks. The 'waif-like' Mr Creosote Spaffer, who's clearly going mad, will laud him for 'saving the British car industry, and making it a feared world-beater, bashing the Hun! - sorry Sir Ralf'.

The madness in this country will continue, until most people under 45 years old, since the odious Blair's 'Cool Britannia' nearly a quarter of a century ago, finally get confronted with reality - ten million plus real unemployment, that can no longer be hidden, especialy for the 'creative' middle classes - i.e. zero talent, zero skills, zero use, other than went to a private school, and daddy knows someone at the golf club who can get them into a top job, but was himself 'let go' recently, or his mickey-mouse non-'business' evaporated overnight.

They haven't even got the guts to admit it's over, and 'you've been had', hence this drawn out death of JLR and the whole 'Booming', 'Exceptional', 'Creative Industries' etc Britain.

Let the f'er die, clear house, and start again, without muppets like the house-prices cretin above, and the vermin types like Spaffer, Dirty Desmond, Prince P*do, etc.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
This is the drill:

DHL is telling us JLR needs/has to make around 40% of its workforce redundant.

It's almost certainly more, a lot more, as JLR has avoided making the deep, necessary, cumulatively since 2016/17 cuts in its own workforce - not Manpower agency/temp and outsourced, DHL etc.

I said start of this year/~6 months ago, that JLR needed/had to cut half its production headcount, and half its 'white collar' bods.

40-45,000 headcount was geared up for 800k-1m/yr output, and The Triangle campus garbage thingy, plus Whitley, when we now know the likes of Bosch was doing a lot, most? of the engineering work.

The reason this level of cut wasn't done, and by now, when it was needed in 2018, if not sooner, was obviously PR - and exploding the whole JLR Thing, and hence opening the can of worms on fraud, another Enron, Autonomy, Carillion etc, but much worse.

It was also because the bastard Speth wanted out the door before his image was tarnished/ruined, to the point of possible MG Rover+++, 'Inquiry'/criminal proceeding levels.

Well, now the clown is basically gone, so JLR needs to do The Cut.

Time for 99% of Great Britain to grow up, and realise most of what they've been told, and what they thought they knew, was a pack of lies, designed to deceive five year olds, which most British adults now are.

The 50% cut won't do it of course, 'it' being save/fix JLR, but it will/would pave the way for 'New (J)LR', the ~90% slimmed down, Rolls-Royce, Bentley-mimicking set-up I outlined, as JLR's only possible future.

This stasis, suspended animation is helping no one, not even The Retard of Leamington Spa, as he's tossing good money after bad servicing the £500k+ mortgage on his rabbit hutch. If he's young/youngish, he can file for bankruptcy, and emigrate, and take his 'skills', and see who he competes in a real world - might make a man of him.

Speth gone, Spaffer going, or ready for the posh Funny Farm, and so the impediments to declaring the real situation at JLR are going.

As Clown-'man' would say: 'Just Get it Done!'. 'Bust, bust, bust!'

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
SMMT for once right:

'Of Europe’s five biggest economies, Britain now stands alone in failing to provide any dedicated support for its automotive industry'

Why was this done, or rather not done? Because:

• the Tories only understand property - they and their core voters have been making out like bandits on it/land since William the Conqueror - it's all they know, hence £billions in Stamp Duty
  • even the Tories know that UK hasn't got an automotive industry, whereas ~30 million Brits have their own house, second home, BTL portfolio, property pension pot, etc
  • if the Tories do as the SMMT wants, i.e. support JLR/'The British Car Industry', they'll have to bung £billions of taxpayer money at subsidising the purchase of £70k diesels - not exactly a vote-winner, especially for the 'Richmond/Notting Hill Tories', Zac Goldsmith etc
  • if they bung slightly less at supporting 'Green' cars, that's sweet fa use to 'The British Car Industry', cough, JLR, and Spaffer and his SpAds will surely have been told by now that UK no longer makes '1 in 6 of all the EVs sold in Europe', which referred to the Leaf at Sunderland circa 2013.
So they were trapped, had no options, bound by the reality of no British car industry since the 1990s at least, 1960s really, and the present 'champion' a maker of anti-zeitgeist diesel SUVs.

Chickens came home to roost, as I said.

Ironically, the two most EV makers in the country, LEVC - clue's in the name - and Lotus, are also the ones that Spaffer and his string-pullers, the bankers/warmongers - seem determined to drive out of Britain - China warning that investment can be reversed, if this war in everything but name against them is not stopped.

UK has to decide, finally. Does it want to be for eternity a feudal counrty, owned by a few thousand people, its serfs used to commit war crimes, for bankers and weapons makers to get richer, or does it want to come into the 18/19th century, when most of the world kicked against this?

That's what we're dealing with now. A rotten car maker propped up by the serfs' taxes, making baroque conveyances for the land-owning .01%, and their pathetic aping airhead wannabes, who can't afford food or utility bills, while everyone else is racing to be the new Henry Ford of the electric age - mass, affordable, local emission-free mobility.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Giant bubbles bursting in real time.

John Lewis, Waitrose, JLR... ...UK:

'John Lewis said it will shut two full-size department stores in Birmingham and Watford, four At Home shops in Croydon, Newbury, Swindon and Tamworth, as well as two travel hub outlets at Heathrow and St Pancras.

It said the eight shops were already “financially challenged” before the pandemic'

What goes up - 2016 'Grand Central'(new New Street train station), 'Flagship' John Lewis store, must come down - record-sized bubbles bursting in record time.

All birds of a feather - 'His and Hers' Range Rover Evoques and Sports, for 'SWMBO'/'The Little Lady', and the Buy to Let shaven headed gentleman, Waitrose shopping of groceries costing 50-70% less in Aldi's/Lidl's, and homeware from John Lewis, that all come from an Asian factory, and Amazon does for up to a quarter of the cost - all 'powered' by the 40 years UK insane house price bubble, psychotic greed, getting rich in five minutes, believing everyone could live like Beverley Hills, in wet, cold, damp, only a few thousand families owning everything for centuries dystopic Blighty, all now hit the buffers at 100 mph, the idiotic closing of a shopping palace just minutes after it opened, because Birmingham/West Mids is the most bust thing on earth, a city/region that is not even Detroit/Michigan in terms of real industry, genuine value-adding wealth creation, thinking it's at at least Kensington and Chelsea levels 'booming prosperity'.

B'ham/West Mids is sub-Third World economically. Most of the Third World has some resource, like Nigeria or Venezuela, but B'ham/West Mids has what? It has around 7 million real regional population, with nest to real wealth creation, other than hitherto shops, 'education industry', drugs, and 'flagship' JLR.

And that's why Spaffer, Street and the whole UK 'elite' dare not touch JLR, especially Castle Bromwich.

There would be riots, societal meltdown, when these especially under 25 year olds, around half of the population, realise there's absolutely nothing in their future.

B'ham went bust in 1980. It was kept afloat by an up till now very, very, ...very docile, some would say slightly not all there indigenous population, and morcels tossed its way like the Broad Street 'redevelopment', 'City of Cutlure', G7 hosting in 1998, and now HS2/Curzon Street.

There's absolutely nothing there. Same goes of course for all other non-central London UK cities and towns, all denuded of any meaningful industry, genuine wealth creation over the last 40 years.

But B'ham/West Mids more than most 'drank the koolaid', to use the American, in believing its 'Regeneration', and its 'Stuuningly Successful, World-beating motor car company' - 'The Jag' and 'The Rover'(LR).

Real takings at John Lewis B'ham were appalling, and the rent from the owner of 'Grand Central' near Manhattan/West End London crazily high. The two things didn't compute.

Solihull John Lewis(Touchwood) will not be far behind, by the way - another temple to shopping/greed/wealth-flaunting, founded 2003, which is aching to be shut - huge, empty store with the occasional shopper, in 'prosperous Solihull'. ...And the Waitrose next door - oversized, near-empty, etc.

It's all over. The madness, belief in money from nothing, for nothing, all can be millionaires, billionaires, all live like Posh and Becks, etc, etc.

All needs closing, like John Lewis B'ham, and bulldozing -vile, genuine carbuncle, garbage 'architecture' buildings, like the disgusting Bullring.

But the one that really matters, JLR, Castle Brom and Solihull plants, can't be touched.

So how can JLR survive, making genuine-demand, at-most 250k cars a year, with 3 UK factories, and 2 large overseas ones? Something has to give. One factory in UK/Europe would suffice, and the Chinese JV partner I'm sure would like to quit - uneconomic at sales of ~50k/yr from a 300k/yr facility.

Clown-man Spaffer and his glove puppet Squeaky Sunak will have to go. Someone with brains and balls needs to sort out JLR once and for all.

3501 - 3520 of 3573 Posts