XF Forum banner

3141 - 3160 of 3174 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Interesting comment because I had taken the view that if my small portfolio had shed as much as Tata Motors I would be very depressed. Maybe I am a lucky stockpicker because my loss is not anything like as great as the fall that Tata Motors in the same period.
Oh, I didn't check the actual value of the shares. I meant it as a tongue-in-cheek remark, since all shares seem to be in a free fall right now. Perhaps the Tata shares have fallen more than most. I think my loss is around 40 % now, but the stocks had been going up rather steeply until they started falling, which makes the fall seem even larger. Worst part is, I was saving for a new car. Perhaps I'll have to make do with a smaller car ;-)

Honestly, we shouldn't panic. At least not if we have been behaving responsibly. You shouldn't invest more money, than you have, and you shouldn't risk more money, than you can afford to loose. And if you loose, then don't be too sad. You win some and you loose some. I'm sure the share prices will recover sooner or later, so we'll just have to be patient. A month ago I was offered the opportunity to prebook a VW ID.3. With all this Corona virus pandemic, Volkswagen and most other car manufacturers have closed their factories. The ID.3 could very well be delayed giving my shares more time to recover. There's always a silver lining. In the meantime, I'll have to keep driving my Jaguar XF V8. Poor me ;-)

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
The ID.3 could very well be delayed
- it's been being made since end of last year in Zwickau, and Nextmove.de have filmed hundreds, thousands of finished cars parked up all around the locality - see their Youtube channel - so they have stocks ready to go, first waiting for the ir final software update, and now for The Thing to blow over, so it could still be on for first deliveries in summer.

Also, Geely seems to be extremely well in with the Chinese authorities, as the Polestar 2 has started production this week, so that's another candidate for your EV possible purchase later this year, and it looks to me as if China wants Geely to be in a position to buy or take a large part of Daimler, with Daimler being vulnerable, and this would be part of China's One Belt, One Way/Road thing, with its consolidation of Eurasia, with the acquiring of Germany's finest, linking up with China's market and finance.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
While all eyes are on The Thing... :

'160 jobs' axed at JLR Halewood 'not linked to coronavirus'

DHL insists that the redundancies are unrelated to the virus and that they were part of a ‘volume rundown’ at the plant announced in January.
- that's strange, there's millions of brand new 'New' Evoques and 'New' DiscoSports running around Solihull town centre alone - a stunning success - and they all seem to be owned by the same person/company, 'Jaguar Land Rover Limited'.

Lucky for JLR that they can hide behind DHL and this outfit Staffline Group, for the misery that they have caused, by producing ancient vehicles, passed off as 'New', with ridiculous price tags, a dreadful engine, and poor to joke build quality/reliability.

So convenient this Thing, for shyster outfits like JLR, as predicted it would be.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Shouldn't, wouldn't Speth be similarly crowing, shouting from the rooftops, of JLR's spring back in China, like Mercedes' and Volvo's, ...if it was happening:

'Daimler, Volvo, suppliers see rebound for China output'

Daimler, Volvo and suppliers say their factories in China are coming back online
To be fair to Speth/JLR, part of this excellent news for Volvo and Daimler is due to their mutual owner/part-owner, Geely.

Geely/Li Shufu, I think, is being assisted, to say the least, by the Chinese state, to aid its/his bid to purchase or get control of Daimler.

China sees Eurasia as its backyard, and knows that it will never surpass the Germans, especially its automakers, on its own, after 20-30 years of trying, so is building up steam for this moment of maximum opportunity, with Daimler and all German car companies exposed by their share price falls, but BMW has the Quandts, and VAG the Porsche/Piech clans, and Lower Saxony's veto.

So, I think China is putting all its efforts into getting Daimler.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
That'll be Lookers that is self-investigating for fraud, should be investigated externally, criminally, by the SFO, is going through CEOs like no tomorrow, and has/had thee flagship for the whole JLR UK fraud thing of 2015/16-2020, JLR Dual Arch West London:

Lookers, which has 160 dealerships in UK and Ireland, said it was closing all showrooms and service departments starting Tuesday.
- of course they'd want to close them, completely, so conveneient, given that they are embroiled in a massive fraud, so this takes the heat off them, and they were keeping JLR Dual Arch white elephants, like the above, open that were doing probably around 10% of their 2013-15 planned capacity, so up to 90% of staff were superfluous, so this is a godsend in a way, so of course they'd want to close them, especially West London, and throw away the keys.

Meanwhile, in poor old Norway, it looks like most or all car dealerships are operating, given the continuous, maybe a day or two's hiccup last week, new car registrations, accelerating again this week.

Could it be that Norway is 'Open for Business' because it has real businesses, a real economy, citizens with real money, savings, who want up to 1 million NOK e-trons and the like, whereas UK's new car market had actually collapsed in 2016, and was propped up with fake data by the likes of SMMT, and mass self- and pre-registering, to the point at the start of this year, 4 years into the collapse, that at least two-thirds of reported 'new car sales' were fake, and so businesses like Pendragon and Lookers see The Thing as a godsend, allowing them to shut down these chronically fake businesses, and get rid of most of their massively unneeded workforce, either by straight sacking, or by transferring their pay liability to the govt./taxpayer with The Thing PAYE deal?

If we had a real economy, solvent not massively bust, 10 million at least, now in absolute penury people in this country, bank on it that these dealer chains would be 'doing a Norway', making money selling and servicing cars, not closing them up as fast as they can, and blaming it all on The Thing, when in Norway, China, Singapore etc, the business of car-selling continues, even though we're all gonna die, apparently.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Was Moray extracting the urine, trolling in modern parlance, his big brother, working for JLR, with this and the new Bronco - 'they're more Land Rovers(/Discoverys sub-brand) than JLR's Land Rovers(/Discoverys)'?:

- that's a $35-45k DiscoSport-killing Exocet, stepped roof and all.

Ford may have lost huge amounts of cash offloading JLR in 2008, but it now it looks to have had the last laugh, ...and the longest, with 'Land Rover-Plus' cars for JLR-40% pricing.

That 'Thing' had better last forever, if JLR does not want to be wiped out by the company that 'screwed JLR' - according to the British media - because this time it will really will screw it - into the floor, or its coffin lid down.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
- it's been being made since end of last year in Zwickau, and Nextmove.de have filmed hundreds, thousands of finished cars parked up all around the locality - see their Youtube channel - so they have stocks ready to go, first waiting for the ir final software update, and now for The Thing to blow over, so it could still be on for first deliveries in summer.
I know about the ID.3 following it closely. I have seen the film by Nextmove. But even though thousands of ID.3's are finished and now parked in old airfields and other places, they are far from having made the 30,000 ID.3 1st edition cars, they are going to make. We are ordering the cars at the time being here in Denmark. We can order any of the four colours we want, as the cars for Denmark haven't been made yet. So they have stock, that's true. But it's not nearly enough, and my car hasn't even been manufactured yet. And I'm far from first in line. If the factory has to stay closed for a long time, I won't be able to get an ID.3 in the summer as promised.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
How embarrassing and landmarking, that JLR is outsold by the runt of VAG's litter, Seat - at least 2:1 in reality:

The Barcelona-based firm sold a total of 574,078 vehicles last year, a 10.9% rise on its record 2018 total. Seat’s three-strong SUV line-up, comprising the Arona, Ateca and Tarraco, accounted for 44% of that total, up from around a third in the previous year. Meanwhile, sales of Cupra models rose 71.8% year on year, to 24,664.

Seat was VAG's problem child up until as recently as 2017/18, and Piech had wanted to write it off as as a bad deal, and get Alfa Romeo from Fiat to replace and bury it.

Luckily, and rarely, he was wrong.

Seat now threatens VAG's once star pupil Skoda, and VW brand itself, due to German engineering and Latin flair - which is what Piech wanted for Alfa.

Just shows that one or two, or three killer products, and you have a car company, like Volvo too, and JLR had almost for a while, from 2011-2015, with the Evoque and RRSport.

Seat was saved by VAG's bottomless cash, and German engineering. Tata provides/provide neither to post-Ford JLR.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
But no JLR/JLR-Chery:

Soon Speth's cover of Corona - 'nothing's moving/selling there(China)' of a couple of weeks ago - will be blown.

Again, like JLR dealerships and the non-selling I-Pace in Norway, seems The Thing is picking on Gamechangers and Stunners above all, leaving the dross German and Swedish stuff alone.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Tata makes its move under the cover of The Thing:

“The recent outbreak of COVID-19 virus increases the challenges faced by the business,” Tata Motors said in a statement Friday.
- translation: Suzuki, Hyundai-Kia and VAG have destroyed our car business, domestic and JLR, months, years before The Thing, but now we can use it as a catch-all excuse/reason to say that we are being forced to exit it/dump it.

They, Ratan and co., know that the I-Pace has been exposed to the majority of even lay people now as a dud, and the '2020 is its year' propaganda of JLR's Autocar at the start of this year has already been revealed to be a lie, with 2021 at the earliest for the eXJ, J-Pace etc, and Duffender has been smothered at birth, by the canning of the Bond flick, and now no car sales in UK and US for months to come, its only markets, plus the better, cheaper new Bronco and Ineos Grenadier launching within the next 6 months, and the middle class of both countries taken out permanently afterwards - by accident of course - so only cheapo and £200k+ cars that will sell.

They'll try to hang on to what they think is the profitable truck and bus, but post this 'incidental' collapse of the global economy, there'll only be a handful of auto makers left, covering cars, trucks and busses, with Daimler's Bharat-Benz or VAG's MAN/Scania likely to take it out.

Maybe they didn't get the memo.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts

What's interesting about this is not the slowly-revealing new S-Class, but that:

- this was probably shot yesterday, certainly this week, in Sindelfingen, Germany

- Daimler's development is thus continuing even in Lockdown - 'essential work'?

- the road shows that not only Daimler is 'at work', but probably more than what's happening in UK

- the S-Class and its derivaties sell at least 50% in China, and China is 'Open for business', so why delay its development push, already delayed pre-The Thing

It looks to me that Daimler, VAG - see CEO Diess doing a high profile round of appearances on German media this week - and probably BMW are being given a pass - the auto sector is vital to Germany Inc., and its main customer, market, China, is determined to get back to normal, and become undisputed global No.1 economy, with the US's phony economy destroyed - the middle class gutted without the debt-driven housing/service sector.

The Thing may have backfired, driving the planned but slow Eurasia, One Belt, One Road thing into being much earlier, possibly with a Geely-Daimler merger to cap it off and confirm it.

UK has no plan, official or ad hoc, to protect 'UK Auto Plc'. Why would it, it's all foreign owned, and the elite in London don't really give a damn about it.

I saw a camo'ed test XF last week in Solihull, a facelift long wheelbase, but since then, nothing, with the cars of JLR engineers - the giveaway is 'Vx' - parked up day after day - at home.

Make no mistake, China is determined to get back to business - becoming its destiny of The Middle Kingdom, the centre of the global economy, and the world itself.

Germany would be mad to follow the diktats of the UK leaders and experts, who seem happy or want to shut down UK plc indefinitely, as of course their money and rich livelihoods come from printed money given to The City.

Similar for Sweden, which has sizeable industry of course, and where China may be putting pressure on Volvo, through Geely obviously, and hence the Swedsih govt., to get Sweden/Volvo back to work and producing as soon as possible.

The new S-Class is nice, but what it tells us about what's really going on is far more interesting.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Bloomberg with more details:

An investor will bring the much needed cash to revive sales.
- duh, yeah, but who, Father Christmas, the Easter Bunny, someone real, with an IQ under 70 but in possession of $50bn?

“It is something Tata should have done many years ago,”
- duh, yeah... any time before 2016 would have been good, pre-2015 and the China bust even better, best - IPO.

People get paid for this 'insight', 'analysis'?

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Bloomberg with more details:

- duh, yeah, but who, Father Christmas, the Easter Bunny, someone real, with an IQ under 70 but in possession of $50bn?

- duh, yeah... any time before 2016 would have been good, pre-2015 and the China bust even better, best - IPO.

People get paid for this 'insight', 'analysis'?
The article says: "Tata Motors also appointed Shailesh Chandra, head of its electric vehicles business, as the head of the cars unit."

Which electric vehicles? I just went to the website of Tata Motors. They have no EV's. Didn't Tata win a large bid to supply several hundreds EV's to the Indian government some years ago? We talked about it in this group. It was strange, since Tata didn't make an EV back then. Apparently they still don't.

And what's with the Defender on the photo illustrating the article? The grilles in the holes of the bumper seem to be pulled inwards at the ends.

Inside Automobility LA Ahead Of Los Angeles Auto Show

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
And what's with the Defender on the photo illustrating the article? The grilles in the holes of the bumper seem to be pulled inwards at the ends.
- you're right - compare:

- I presume the Russian plate one was:

• from No Time to Die Bond film?
  • supposed to show off how tough - 'The 4x4 Icon' - the new Duffender is.
All it really shows, as you've pointed out, is that it's 'plastic fantastic', faux, plastic, Tonka Toy styling to impress London/LA urbanites, who won't be impressed when told that those £2 plastic fog light housing units are around £500 - each, plus VAT.

McGovern, the midget designer of this thing, has really just done a rehash of his first, and then quite innovative design, the 1997 Freelander:

Like a dog returning to its sick, McGovern has basically done one design - butch Faux xFour Toys for small men - for his whole career - Freelander I, Evoque, and now 'The Icon Reinvented' - Disco5 with warpaint.

The new Bronco and Ineos Grenadier would have killed it even without The Thing intervening.

McGovern spent his creative gift(s) with the 1997 Freelander, was extremely lucky with the joke Evoque - double digit annual rises in UK house prices 2011-2015 - and now Karma/payback has clobbered him royally, with the cancelled key promo Bond film, The Thing, and launching against the new Bronco and Grenadier when sales start up again.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I was a little wrong, I must admit. It seems, that the ends of the grilles/fog light surroundings are always pulled in at the end. But perhaps not as much as on the Russian one. I remembered them as being flush with the bumper. I have some of my own photos from the Frankfurt IAA 2019:

IMG_3531.jpg

Among the expensive cars, I found one, I could afford:

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
I was a little wrong, I must admit. It seems, that the ends of the grilles/fog light surroundings are always pulled in at the end. But perhaps not as much as on the Russian one. I remembered them as being flush with the bumper.
The New Defender is a mid-life Freelander I - bloated, put on about 3 stone/40 pounds - around 2,000 pounds for the cars.

Precisely when JLR should have been making the 2020 equivalent of the ~4.4 metre long, ~1.6 tonnes, ~£35k Freelander I, for a car market buying C-segment-based SUVs and crossovers, the likes of the Tiguan, T-Roc, Seat Ateca, Peugeot 3008/5008 etc, it's making a 2.5 tonnes, 5 metres plus long, 2.2 metres wide, £70k+, diesel torque required to move it behemoth, that might have made sense 5 years ago, when all the competition is at least selling petrol plug-in hybrids of these 2.5 tonne SUV monsters.

Instead of the media making this obvious point - the new Defender is 5 years out of date, and would have needed a PHEV at launch at thee very least - they pretend that we're still in 2011-2015, and everyone is ga-ga for yet another bloated, massively overweight, oversized, and priced JLR, costing the best part of £100k, and yet having the performance and interior space of competitor's cars costing half or less, justified because it's an 'Icon', and a Land Rover - which the whole world drools over, apparently - except the around 1.5 million a year custoners who buy Jeeps, or the similar number who buy Mercedes, BMW and Audi/Porsche SUVs each.

Which brings us to yesterday's news, announcement by Tata, that they are formally getting shot of JLR, The Icon and The Gamechanger included, and notwithstanding.

This is major, major news, and yet it's been ignore completely in the 24 hours since, by the JLR newsletter, Autocar, and the whole UK press and broadcast media - becuase it's dynamite.

Instead, JLR Weekly pumps out a PR piece by Steve Cropley on JLR Special Vehicles, which looks very empty and with not a few XE SV Project 8s, almost 3 years on.

Who are they kidding? It's like the Phoenix Four failing to get MG Rover away to the Chinese, Nanjing motors, and Autocar and the UK media giving us exclusives on MG Rover X-Power thing, and all the exciting new cars and developments coming over the next 18 months.

Oh, they did that too, allowing the Phoenix Four to get away scot free, when the company had been hollowed out and plundered from day one of the BMW sale and £500m dowry to them, which went straight into their pockets and to their cronies.

This is 2005 MG Rover repeating, with the Cropleys of this world telling us about all the wondrous things happening in a brighly lit shed, while the owners leg it, dumping the utterly, chronically bust JLR effectively with the UK state/taxpayer, by saying: 'we're taking trucks, you can have the bit we don't want, and is losing £billions a month - our rubbish cars and JLR'.

Not a word from the British media.

Carscoops covered it, but some JLR shill/patriot headbanger did their Comical Ali routine of everything being wonderful under Tata ownership:

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
So Tata Motors wants to spin off cars (JLR) from their trucks and buses, they say. That way each of the two units can better focus on their core business. When has JLR had anything even remotely to do with the trucks and buses of Tata Motors? They are two different companies on two different continents.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
So Tata Motors wants to spin off cars (JLR) from their trucks and buses, they say. That way each of the two units can better focus on their core business. When has JLR had anything even remotely to do with the trucks and buses of Tata Motors? They are two different companies on two different continents.
- not exactly. Tata will say it's just Tata Motors domestic, India.

When it suits them - when JLR was the golden goose - JLR is/was the cornerstone and overwhelming part of Tata Motors.

Now it's a millstone, and its losses dwarfing those of Tata Motors domestic, they use the ruse of talking about hiving off 'cars', when they mean JLR effectively.

Tata Motors domestic isn't worth spit, never was. It's worth less than nothing now, with the failure of its own 'New' Gen' product range, Harrier etc, and the far better competition from Hyundai, Suzuki even, and now the likes of VAG getting serious about India.

So this talk about separating off Tata Motors' domestic cars business unit is moot. What they're really signalling - Tata Sons - is that they want official rid of JLR, due to the billions and billions it needs to compete with the tens of billions investing in EVs, autonomy etc, Germans.

You just have to read between the lines. It's really Tata Sons signalling to the UK govt. that they need to pick JLR up, as they are literally tossing it away, or else the UK state really will have an emergency on its hands - half a million real jobs gone overnight - when the Germans, French, Chinese of course, even the Americans, are trying to protect their car businesses from wipe out, ready for some kind of rebound later this year.

Tata(Sons) is saying 'we don't care, how inopportune this is for the UK now, we just know that JLR needs vast amounts of cash, which we will not put in a penny of, and never have in our 12 years of ownership, rather the reverse - we took out billions'.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
So let's see, Europe's numero uno current car boss is gung-ho for reopening his factories and Europe - Carlos Tavares, PSA - and the best leader JLR(Ford PAG) ever had, Dr Wolfgang Reitzle, is also basically calling for an end to this Kabuki theatre for the none too bright, stopping the insanity, for the benefit of the 0.1% and no one else, and getting back to work:

Yes, of course he and Tavares have a vested interest in shutting down the pantomine, but as bright people they know what's realy going on, but obviously can't come out and say it.

You basically have three camps in this thing/The Thing:

1. the perps/cui bono - the 0.1%/0.01% and their faithful lackeys

2. the lumpenproletariat, especially the vast number now of educated idiots, who swallow it hook, line and sinker

3. a small/very small group in the middle, whose raw intelligence tells them it stinks, or as professional engineers/business people they see the waste and wanton destruction, and call it the madness it is, and must stop, or both of course.

We have no Tavares or Reitzle in this country. Where's Mr UK top business person/top engineer/top bloke calling for similar, other than the clown Ashley trying to flog his shell suits?

Not a peep from Lord Bamford, or Sir James Dyson, who conveniently now have fat contracts from the taxpayer, instead of making diggers or hairdryers - in Sinpapore of course.

Tavares has balls, and now an aging, but still got it Reitzle has stepped up to be counted.

Not a peep from Sir Ralf. Keeping his head down, the useless highly paid clown to the end, just a few more months now from retiring and his probably c.£100m pension pot.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
If JLR's global-media-trumpeted H2 2019/early 2020 rebound - 'JLR's bounces back', 'sales surge in China', 'JLR returns to profitabilty' etc - was genuine, if JLR was genuine, if JLR had a real CEO, this would be Speth, all over the media, BBC, Telegraph, Sky, Daily Fail, Autorag etc, talking about the extremely encouraging situation for JLR in China, as the inhabitants rush out to get themselves the world-renowned Gamechangers and Stunners, the likes of the world-beating 'new' Evoque and DiscoSport:

Has anyone seen Speth, heard from him?

Diess seems like the Duracell bunny - fantastic energy, round after round of media appearances, interviews, discussion/panel shows, encouragement to his workforce, and the wider civic body, getting out there being a leader, earning every cent of his salary.

There's a man who has risen to, is visibly revelling in the challenge, a natural leader.

Due to the size of VAG and the clown, painfully pc Merkel in charge - nominally - of the country his company is based in, he can't be as bold as Tavares and Reitzle about basically calling out this pantomine directly, but is doing it indirectly, but as powerfully, by pointing to what is happening in China, the supposed epicentre and giver of The Thing, which is now powering ahead of everyone else, especially western Europe, sans maybe Sweden and Holland, and the headed for the scraper US.

While we have the Stasi/Cheka slither out from under their stone, to make UK the de jure Police State it has been de facto for the last 20 years or so, the rest of the sane world, except the similar US, is already moving to get back to normal, or near-normal, asap.

You can blame governments, media, whatever, for these stark differences in countries, but ultimately it's the intelligence and quality of the people that counts. We have at least two generations now, since the early 80s education 'reforms' etc, that are basically imbeciles, educated idiots at best, who swallow without the slightest question what they're told by the gogglebox or smartphone, and by their 'authorities', who have proven lied to them for decades./centuries.

We have to hope that the pressure from the now abundantly obvious 'open for business' China, the jarring differences with places like Sweden, S.Korea, even Holland, the Tavareses, Reitzles, Diesses etc, overwhelm the clowns and creeps who are now running the asylum in the UK, the inadequates, thickos, misanthropes, who always dreamt one day of getting power and ordering everyone about.

3141 - 3160 of 3174 Posts