XF Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
You are famous!!! I hope you don't have the same thing in the Sportbrake - you know the drivetrain is virtually identical to the one on the F-Pace.
I sincerely hope so too! Not all 2.0 D F Paces suffer with this problem as I have proved already and my Daughters RR Velar 2.0D is certainly free from any drive line vibration after nearly 7000 miles. Jaguar engineers have no explaination as to why this problem occurs at all but to duck the issue and now state that it is a characteristic of the car is an unnaceptable cop out as no Jaguar should have this issue.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
I sincerely hope so too! Not all 2.0 D F Paces suffer with this problem as I have proved already and my Daughters RR Velar 2.0D is certainly free from any drive line vibration after nearly 7000 miles. Jaguar engineers have no explaination as to why this problem occurs at all but to duck the issue and now state that it is a characteristic of the car is an unnaceptable cop out as no Jaguar should have this issue.
I admire your loyalty to Jaguar and LR, with so many such vehicles in the family. The brand needs to retain more true car guys like you to prosper.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
sooo last year...

if they had picked the F-Pace's obese(r) sister, the Velar, even the dumbest might have started to wonder if these 'esteemed' predominantlly US/UK hacks and their 'world' prize were bent, hence the award to a real car.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
'World Car of the Year' is now one and a half seconds off the pace in just over a year:

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-reviews/bmw/x4-suv/

Specs X4 M40d (F-Pace S V6 Diesel)

Price when new:
£55,315 (£54,440)
On sale in the UK:Now
Engine:2993cc twin-turbocharged six-cylinder diesel, 322 (296) bhp @ 4400rpm, 502lb ft @ 1750-2750rpm
Transmission:Eight-speed automatic, four-wheel drive, multi-plate clutch centre, M Sport rear locking differential
Performance:0-62mph 4.9sec (6.4), 155 (150 max)mph (ltd), 44.1 (42.2)\mpg, 170 (176) g/km CO2
Weight / material:1895 (1954) kg/high-strength and ultra-high-strength steel, and aluminium
Dimensions (length/width/height in mm):4752/1938/1621 in mm

Autocar reckons the X4 is an Evoque, and so presumably E-Pace, competitor, although it's almost a foot and a half longer and has a six-cylinder engine:

'Rivals Porsche Macan, Mercedes-Benz GLC, Land Rover Evoque'

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/bmw/x4/first-drives/bmw-x4-2018-review

No one but the JLR trolls desperately posting on the 'fugly X4' believes this transparent smearing crap anymore.

The new X4 is just another product from the competition that is miles ahead of the obsolete by any other company possibly save FCA product offering of JLR, all rooted in the first decade of this century, hence the huge performance, refinement, (real) fuel economy etc discrepancy.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts