XF Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More good news ahead. The F-pace is being priced basically like an XE in the US.

The F-Pace Supercharged V6 with 340HP starts at only US$42,390, and comes well equipped and with a 5-year, 60,000 mile warranty and free scheduled maintenance.

That is a super aggressive price. A comparable Porsche Macan sells for twice as much and has a 4-months wait list.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder when the crown's people will revolt and demand to be treated like their colonial subjects.

I simply can't believe why you guys are not all over Jaguar and in the press asking why there is better warranty in the colonies.

I have a theory.

I think that Jaguars cars assembled in the day shifts Tuesday-Thursday come to America. The ones assembled on Friday afternoons and night shifts stay in the UK. That is why we get the better warranty.

·
Registered
783 Posts
"Dear Hannah

Please can we have comparable warrranty and selling prices to the US"

"Dear Rohan

No because we are easily going to sell everything we can make for the UK market at full price"

"Dear Hannah
Oh"

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
9,965 Posts
Humm....it will be a [email protected]$# shipping it back every time you want to have the free warranty or oil change. :)
And switching it over to rhd will be expensive.

The US is a cheap market primarily because of the lack of social benefits in the U.S. The cost of doing business is accordingly much lower than say in Canada which is otherwise very similar to the U.S. economically speaking.

Having just returned from a road trip through the NW US I can assure you that Europeans would not tolerate a society like that.

Salt Lake City is home to a self professed Christian sect yet their homeless problem is appalling, truly appalling. No Canadian City would tolerate such misery.

You gets what you pay for and not otherwise. Wonder why the crime rate in the U.S. is so high? Because the society is obsessed with so called freedom.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And switching it over to rhd will be expensive.

The US is a cheap market primarily because of the lack of social benefits in the U.S.
Humm.....Our cost of benefits went up massively with Obama Care - hey, yippee - yet, Jaguar decides to ****REDUCE**** the price of the New XF (and all other models) by $5,000 to $11,000.

Me thinks the explanation is elsewhere - Jaguar finally admitted that they could not command those prices and got tired of cheapening the brand by these constant $10,000 or $20,000 or even $30,000 money-on-the-hood discounts.

They are pricing it low, because they have to, not because they want to or because of any low social costs. I don't see Porsche or BMW or Mercedes reducing their prices. Quite the contrary, the BMW M3/M4 are virtually all at $80K and up at the dealers - crazy!!!.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Surely jaguar would work on one of there cars if warranty work is required.if I bought a car in Canada and then drove it on holiday thru the states and it broke down a local jag dealer would repair it under warranty, they have my car which was recovered to a local jag dealer in France and repaired very quickly under warranty.

·
Registered
9,965 Posts
Surely jaguar would work on one of there cars if warranty work is required.if I bought a car in Canada and then drove it on holiday thru the states and it broke down a local jag dealer would repair it under warranty, they have my car which was recovered to a local jag dealer in France and repaired very quickly under warranty.

In your example it would depend on whether the car was bought in the US by a Canadian resident. Because of our complicated trade arrangements with the US we have a grey market in cross border cars. If a Canadian such as myself buys his car here in Canada and encounters warranty covered repairs while in the US my warranty and courtesy car coverage applies at any US dealer. I believe the same is true for any American Jaguar customer travelling in Canada. Our warranties are North America wide.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts