XF Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Before we all start flapping, this is quite normal for negotiations.
The currrent demands that the gov are attempting to put on this loan to TATA are extremely unreasonable so clearly TATA are going to tell them to poke it. This will be going to and fro for the next few days before the sensible solution is taken.
Typically as normal, the media "spin" is as theatrical as ever, I'm suprised there are any talks going on at all because according to the meda a few weeks ago, the human race was being wiped out by swine flu! :roll:

·
Registered
21 Posts
So what would be the impact to Jaguar drivers if the negotiations fail? This loan is for future-proofing Jaguar, right? For R&D into reducing CO2 emissions to meet government targets? So the company isn't going to go under, it'll just become less and less competitive as time moves on. And Tata Motors owns Jaguar so it has a vested interest in keeping the long term future of Jaguar healthy. The changed image of Jaguar (e.g. XF) is probably improving Jaguars value, whereas the credit crunch is likely reducing it, though I don't have any figures to support this.

In my simple world, sounds to me like Jaguar drivers are not in any immediate threat.

David.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts