XF Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've ordered my 2.7D Premium Luxury XF with the Ivory leather interior but was disappointed to find out that this was a £750 cost option. There appears to be no difference in materials between Ivory and the other leather interiors so I was wondering why Ivory carries a premium.

·
Administrator
432 Posts
Your right - very strange - Ivory is even the recommended leather on many colours.

I can't see how it would be any different to the other leather - it's even an extra cost on the supercharged.

·
Registered
618 Posts
You are not paying for the ivory leather, you are paying for the lower dash and door trims to be in ivory not charcoal I believe. That's what my friends at the company tell me anyway. I've gone for midnight and rich oak as I think the blue illumination looks more comfortable with that combo than it does with ivory

·
Registered
570 Posts
I'm unsure about this, if you look at the US "build your XF website", Ivory is a no cost option on all 3 levels of spec and Bond Grain doesn't show at all. Very odd. I wonder what Jaguar's justification is for this?

·
Registered
8 Posts
David said:
I wonder what Jaguar's justification is for this?
Many other goodies are also free of charge in the US (metallic, 19" wheels for PL, navigation etc.). The basic price is up to 50% (SV8) cheaper than in Europe. I would also like to understand this by some "insider" information ;)

·
Registered
618 Posts
It is simple economics. You charge whatever the market will be prepared to pay. This is not just a Jaguar thing but all other premium companies too. The US market is key to Jaguars survival and it has to be able to compete with domestic products so it charges what the market will bear and makes up the fall in other markets where the demand/supply threshold is higher.

If they sell a car in the UK for instance for 40k then in the US that would be 78k. This price however would price them out of the market so you use the profits generated elsewhere to subsidise the market as volume is just as important for business as profit margin.

Simple really

·
Registered
62 Posts
craig said:
It is simple economics. You charge whatever the market will be prepared to pay. This is not just a Jaguar thing but all other premium companies too. The US market is key to Jaguars survival and it has to be able to compete with domestic products so it charges what the market will bear and makes up the fall in other markets where the demand/supply threshold is higher.

If they sell a car in the UK for instance for 40k then in the US that would be 78k. This price however would price them out of the market so you use the profits generated elsewhere to subsidise the market as volume is just as important for business as profit margin.

Simple really
Trully said!
I am European, living in the states and just ordered a full spec SV8.
I think the US customer will not pay premiums on interior. They will however (strange country) pay 10-30 thousand extra (or more) to be the first one to own a newly released model !

·
Registered
618 Posts
Ivory leather is also more expensive to produce as it is harder to dye and takes longer to take on the colour.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts