XF Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I went to a large supermarket with a charging station for EV's outside. As I left, an owner was plugging in his I-Pace. I couldn't help asking him, what he thought of the car. He was very happy with it. It turned out, he lives in our capitol Copenhagen 320 kms (200 miles) away. He told med, that in his everyday life, he doesn't do long journeys, so the range is more than sufficient for him. He said, the I-Pace was a pleasure to drive, and he hadn't had any problems with software, as we have heard about on I-Pace fora.

I asked him about range, and he said, that he can drive 250 kms (155 miles) without problems. I imagine, that is with some safety margin, but we also don't drive our ICE cars down to the fumes. I asked about charging speed, and he said it was up to 50 kW. He was standing at a 50 kW charger. I couldn't really understand, if he had tried high-speed chargers. We don't have many of them yet. He said, they had to stop to charge for one hour to get over here. His wife corrected him and said, it was an hour and a quarter. Either they didn't stop at a high-speed charger, or the car wouldn't charge very fast. I mentioned a new high-speed charger, I saw, when I was in Copenhagen last week, and which is even free at the moment. I think they said, there were no free charging stations, so perhaps they went over to the older 50 kW charging stations next to them. We were outside in the wind and traffic noise, so I didn't hear everything perfectly. I didn't want to take up more of his time, as he was with his wife and two elderly people. Probably his or his wife's parents.

All in all, he seemed very pleased with the I-Pace. I did get the impression, though, that I know a lot more about EV's than him. I have really been studying the subject and watched tons of Youtube films. So perhaps he didn't know what to expect from an EV. It is very likely, that his I-Pace was a company car. Many if not most new cars in the upper price ranges are. And people who get a company car are often less sensible when choosing cars, than if they have to pay for it themselves. They don't care so much about resale value and reliably and often choose more exciting or special cars. Perhaps his company even encourages driving electric cars, so the company gets a "green" image.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts