XF Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I picked up my new (to me) XF 2.7D Luxury last Thursday and am still looking for any excuse to drive it.

I've had a S Type 2.7D Sport for the last two years. It was three years old last week so needed it's MOT and while I was sitting at the dealers waiting for it to be done the salesman who sold me the car came over for a chat. We started talking about changing the car and he asked me if I wanted to go for a drive in an XF. I was, of course, very impressed with the drive but the real deciding moment for me was getting back into my S Type and feeling as though I had stepped back in time.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, the dealer managed to get me into their '58 plate XF demonstrator for pretty much the same monthly cost as for my S Type. It's pretty much the bog standard car, it even has just 17" wheels (although I'm getting used to them) but it looks lovely in Black and everybody who has seen it thinks it's gorgeous and the start-up 'theatre' just makes everybody go "wow".

I've already found some very useful tips on this forum so I'll be hanging around for quite a while.

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
And a very warm welcome to you also steveh :)
I have to say we are becoming a very popular forum; I think it must be to do with people wanting to show off their BLACK cars :evil: :lol:
Great to have you and we look forward to seeing a picture of your XF, which if I think would look brilliant photographed late at night :lol:
I had an S Type and was very fond of it, and too be honest, I still admire them as they go by. I have noticed however, that it is not often I can catch the eye of an S Type driver so I wonder if there isn't just the teeneist bit of jealousy being felt by them :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are a couple of photos. The rear three quarters view is the most flattering I think.

I took it out today and it got dirty - damn!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcome Steveh
Nice picture, I do also think the rear three quarters view is the most flattering.
I am sure you will have great time with your car.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Welcome I'm new here too I am no even an XF owner yet - a very good taste in your colour choice thanks for the pictures enjoy - we must be near by as I'm West Kent let me guess you are Oxted /Crowborough who's your dealer?

Richard

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Richard,

We're actually in Copthorne so our nearest dealer is Guy Salmon in Crawley.

Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts