XF Forum banner

It's D-Day for 'gawjus' - fingers crossed!

6K views 26 replies 8 participants last post by  craig 
#1 ·
My XF has been at the dealership for an entire week (again). I've had the car for a little under four months and it's been back to the dealership five times in that period. I ought to get my own personal parking spot in their car park!

Anyway, as some of you will know i've had some minor faults, all of them very repairable. I've been somewhat disappointed with the support i've had in resolving those faults. I don't believe a car at this price level should have these kinds of faults. I've never owned a car that did and I tend to buy a new car every 18-24 months.

At the very last minute, before I was about to part-exchange my XF for a different marque, the Jag salesman kindly agreed to step in and help. He wasn't aware of all of the issues until then so full marks to him for doing the right thing.

I handed the car back to the dealer last Saturday and the salesman handed my email to the service manager of the dealership. It contained a list of nine issues, mostly very minor issues. The dealership has worked on my car for the entire week and I will, with great trepidation, collect the car very shortly. I really do hope that majority of faults are fixed and that further faults haven't been introduced or that the car isn't returned with marked leather and dirty paintwork and wheels.

I will provide an update in a few hours.

See less See more
#27 ·
Roma said:
And who would have thought that a salesman would have delivered better after-sales service than the after-sales department of the dealership and Jaguar Customer Relations?
to be honest that doesnt suprise me. I have found my service department to be uninterested so I always go back to the salesman and he goes into service with me and I get what I want

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.