XF Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, apologies if this topic has already been covered, new to the forum and all, if it’s possible to point me in the right direction that would be massively appreciated.

Got a 2016 XF 2.0 R Sport which I picked up this year, absolutely love the car, as someone who is a convert from BMW, the actual drive was one of the biggest pleasant surprises.

Anyway, I currently seem to be experiencing a slight niggle with the fuel range displayed on the dash. When I fill the car up, it seems to take an eternity to update on the dash, has anyone else experienced this? Originally put it down to reduced usage due to working from home and maybe a cold weather bug (wishful thinking).

Any ideas guys?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Has it done this just the once or at multiple fill-ups?
Are you running the car regularly or has Covid restricted the cars use?
Are you eperiencing any other minor electrical gremlins?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has it done this just the once or at multiple fill-ups?
Are you running the car regularly or has Covid restricted the cars use?
Are you eperiencing any other minor electrical gremlins?
To be honest, it’s something that has just started creeping in recently but has done it on a few fill ups now. It does update eventually just lets say I fill up and then head straight home on a 15/20 minute drive, it may not update until I start the car up the next morning. Due to COVID, I’ve gone from doing circa 50 miles a day to under 50 miles a week, the auto start stop doesn’t seem to do anything either come to think of it, even though the light indicates it’s on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We have seen fuel level issues in 3 Jags we have owned. They haven't been exactly the same, but your issue there is the same I have on my 2010 XF. It started doing that after just a few years of owning it. The old 2004 XJ would show an empty tank right after fill-up for a while, and our 2014 XJ doesn't show all the way full. I just tack it up to a known issue and remember I really did fill it up!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We have seen fuel level issues in 3 Jags we have owned. They haven't been exactly the same, but your issue there is the same I have on my 2010 XF. It started doing that after just a few years of owning it. The old 2004 XJ would show an empty tank right after fill-up for a while, and our 2014 XJ doesn't show all the way full. I just tack it up to a known issue and remember I really did fill it up!
Oh really? I’m wondering whether there is a replacement tank sensor or something trivial like that which may sort it out. Like I say, it does update eventually but just thought it strange.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts