XF Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
22,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[/quote="bob"]
my understanding from having just bought one is that the VX57 Reg cars are pre-launch ex-Jag Demo cars. the XF was officially launched in March '08 iirc
the one i'm getting is a 14k mile 3.0 Luxury with plenty of options. i'm gambling a little as as a Jag Demo it'll presumably have had a fairly hard life so far, but on the other hand i'd expect it to have been kept well as it would be rather embarassing for Jag's new car to fail in the hands of reviewers/customers.
i'm hoping it'll be just run in with niggles ironed out - we'll see how that goes:) .
gorgeous thing though, and in my time as a Jag owner previously i've had nothing but fantastic service all the way through[/quote]

Is your car in this line of pre-production "engineering cars" bob :?:

·
Registered
216 Posts
no :( saw that thread before and looked for it.

it's frost blue with venus alloys:) i'll get pics up when i get it. hopefully i'll get some of it alongside the outgoing very similarly coloured (zircon blue) S-type :)

edit - bizarrely when i do an hpi search on it it comes up as an SV8, as do most of the VX ex-Jag cars up for sale. it's giving me a minor headache with insurance :roll: asked the salesman about it and he was as confused as i was, but assured me it was the V6 :(

edit again - even more bizarrely the cars in the pic seem to tally up when i do a quick hpi search :?: strange stuff

·
Administrator
22,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bob said:
no :( saw that thread before and looked for it.

it's frost blue with venus alloys:) i'll get pics up when i get it. hopefully i'll get some of it alongside the outgoing very similarly coloured (zircon blue) S-type :)

edit - bizarrely when i do an hpi search on it it comes up as an SV8, as do most of the VX ex-Jag cars up for sale. it's giving me a minor headache with insurance :roll: asked the salesman about it and he was as confused as i was, but assured me it was the V6 :(

edit again - even more bizarrely the cars in the pic seem to tally up when i do a quick hpi search :?: strange stuff
Bob
I know what an HPI search is, which I understood costs money, but what I don't understand is what and why you are doing them on these cars. :?
Are you buying from Arthur Daley :lol:

·
Registered
216 Posts
it's not a full hpi that i'm doing ;) if you stick a reg into the hpi website you can check what model the car is before proceeding to a full search.

i was kinda intrigued that it was coming up as an SV8 - and subsequently inflating the premiums when i did online insurance quotes :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts