XF Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of you may know that I have had some dramas with my XF, fuel flap and Gear box fault. But I still stand by my convictions on the day I got the car, I wouldn't swap it. My wife and I both absolutely love the thing, however many niggles we've had, we've never driven a car that gives so much pleasure and is so easy to drive.
I overheard a lady slating her XF to a bunch of friends :eek: " I'll never buy Jaguar again" "It's so unreliable" etc. After finding out that she had the fuel cap and the gear box fault like me, I told her how I felt about the car and how special it makes you feel when driving it and she smiled and agreed, she then said how it wasn't all that bad and actually she did love it, just a tad miffed about the problems. I then told her about some special offers being done over here on moving to the new 3L and her last words were "Oh that sounds good, I'll give my rep a call" :lol:
Just wondered if others felt the same way, even after having dramas, or is there anyone out there that cant wait to see the back of their XF :eek:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Well I haven't even had my XF for 3 months and its spent about 3 weeks back at the dealer already so not a good record. However, the dealer lent me another XF while mine was being fixed so I can't moan about the service I've received! Every time I drive the car it makes me smile and therefore I keep finding excuses for going out in it. This is my first Jag but I will definitely be buying another when the time comes to change it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Touch wood nothing gone wrong yet :D , but still much better than the Merc Ml we had that from new spent 80 odd days in different Merc dealerships :eek: before enough was enough and the dealership took it back from us ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Very interesting views there. My opinion so far , this will be my last Jag, you ask why? well its simple, a lot of stupid problems that should not appear in a brand new car, strange rattling sounds that annoy as hell, other small staff that keeps on poping up for no apparent reason. For the price i paid i want a car that will run at least for a few month without problems... yeah it looks great and feels great, but what about reliability. i want a car that is faultless, that i don't have to take to the dealer every week.. thats my opinion.

cheers

·
Registered
107 Posts
My boot problem (see previous posts) all sorted. Very happy
Car is excellent, loads of positive comments!
Dealer and Jaguar UK have been really superb and have exceeded my expectations

1 - 5 of 5 Posts