Which colour did you actually choose

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in March of last year we asked which colour was the colour of choice before taking delivery. At that time Silver was the dominant new car colour and a poll showed that, as far as the XF was concerned, Vapour Grey was likely to emerge the choice of most.
Has that changed? We now have many more members and in most cases choices were made and cars have been delivered.
We can now ask the question, which colour did you choose in the end for your XF?
Above is a list of the colours which, sadly because of the constraints on the system is limited to just 10 and in order to record all colours a continuation post is required.
This is not a Poll as such, just a method of recording. Because of that and because the colours have had to be carried over to another post Show me appears as an option. This is included so that the usual requirement to vote before seeing results is worked around.
Plainly, those using the other post would not see the results of the first and so on. I hope this works or it is back to the drawing board :?
Continuation post:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=594&p=4551#p4551

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Is Vapour Grey the new Silver, Which colour did you go with?

Can that be right :?: Azure Blue is poised to take the lead. :!:
Have you recorded your car's colour yet :?:

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Still need to find owners of Emerald Fire and Midnight cars :(

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I read about another Botanical Green here today but mine is the only one recorded :(

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Azure Blue , which I think Jaguar is dropping as an option in the latest models, is set to overtake Vapourgrey as the top colour choice in our survey :!:
That can't be right surely :?:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

Pekem, in your list of colours shouldn't Midnight and Ultimate Black be lumped together as they are both metallic? Ebony is a no cost option solid colour

·
Registered
225 Posts

Am I being thick??? Where is Pearl Grey???????????????????

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Vapourgrey said:
Pekem, in your list of colours shouldn't Midnight and Ultimate Black be lumped together as they are both metallic? Ebony is a no cost option solid colour
You are right :oops:
Problem is that I did edit the list at an early date and wiped it clean. Then because I, like you, have only one vote was not able to restore the listings.
I suspect that I would be allowed to edit the text but I haven't the nerve to try it.
Maybe ADMIN can find a workaround.

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Neillbro said:
Am I being thick??? Where is Pearl Grey???????????????????
Neillbro I couldn't possibly comment :shock:
I would ask if you read the text accompanying the listings right to the end :?:

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Still nobody with an Emerald Fire :?:
I saw one on the road yesterday but he is obviously not a regular visitor here :cry:

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Oh dear, it seems that Vapour Grey has edged in to the lead, again :(

·
Registered
176 Posts

I was followed by an Emerald Fire XF today for a mile, and as nice as it looked in the show room, OTR its not a 'for keeps' car...but thats only in my opinion. Im still sticking with my choice of the 'Chameleon', my fave, Botanical Green.
With it,you get the impression of the car being black (but not in a hearse way) so get all the lovely contrast of the chrome, but then the green shows through in different angels/lights (therefore turning heads and getting a 2nd look) and that just gives the car a brilliance - simply stunning in my opinion. ...and as someone who has never liked the colour green, thats saying something. :eek:

My dad had the pleasure of seeing such car at work the other week and was telling me all about it, and to be able to say to him I would be getting one soon (a secret up til this weekend), well, it was a picture to see his face :) Im sooooooooooo looking forward to having my XF - I just hope the old saying of Green cars being unlucky doesnt hold true :shock:

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

XF FX said:
I was followed by an Emerald Fire XF today for a mile, and as nice as it looked in the show room, OTR its not a 'for keeps' car...but thats only in my opinion. Im still sticking with my choice of the 'Chameleon', my fave, Botanical Green.
With it,you get the impression of the car being black (but not in a hearse way) so get all the lovely contrast of the chrome, but then the green shows through in different angels/lights (therefore turning heads and getting a 2nd look) and that just gives the car a brilliance - simply stunning in my opinion. ...and as someone who has never liked the colour green, thats saying something. :eek:

My dad had the pleasure of seeing such car at work the other week and was telling me all about it, and to be able to say to him I would be getting one soon (a secret up til this weekend), well, it was a picture to see his face :) Im sooooooooooo looking forward to having my XF - I just hope the old saying of Green cars being unlucky doesnt hold true :shock:
What a wonderful story, I love the bit about the hearse. Eat your hearts out all you would be Black fans. :lol:

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It does seem that Ultimate Black is emerging as the colour of choice for buyers of the new 3L XF but it is not reflected in our poll.
Have you voted yet :?:
Remember, if you are waiting for your new XF to be delivered, you have joined :lol:
And you can vote :!:

Continuation colours here:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=594&p=4551#p4551

·
Registered
281 Posts
I think Lunar Grey should have a presence on the list!!

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
XFAndy said:
XFAndy I think you should read the post carefully. :lol:
Other Lunar Grey XF owners did and recorded their vote :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
pekem said:
XFAndy said:
XFAndy I think you should read the post carefully. :lol:
Other Lunar Grey XF owners did and recorded their vote :)
Ah, now I understand. being a little hasty with my comment!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Finally got round (after 3 months) to photographing my car when its clean. After much agonising over the colour, I originally ordered it in Vapour Grey with Charcoal interior, but wasn’t sure I’d made the right choice. I agree with Pekem about the green being a great choice, but my last car was Jaguar Racing Green and so I wanted a change.

After yet another visit to the dealer, I finally changed my order to Pearl Grey and am really pleased with it – it contrasts well with the chrome trim and the silver alloys to make the most of these features. You probably can’t see it in photos but there is a slight purple tinge in certain light which adds more depth to the colour.

I also changed the interior choice to Dove Grey which INMH goes so well with the Pearl Grey. I also think it makes the interior seem more spacious than the Charcoal, although its not as practical to keep clean.

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Northman said:
Finally got round (after 3 months) to photographing my car when its clean. After much agonising over the colour, I originally ordered it in Vapour Grey with Charcoal interior, but wasn’t sure I’d made the right choice. I agree with Pekem about the green being a great choice, but my last car was Jaguar Racing Green and so I wanted a change.

After yet another visit to the dealer, I finally changed my order to Pearl Grey and am really pleased with it – it contrasts well with the chrome trim and the silver alloys to make the most of these features. You probably can’t see it in photos but there is a slight purple tinge in certain light which adds more depth to the colour.

I also changed the interior choice to Dove Grey which INMH goes so well with the Pearl Grey. I also think it makes the interior seem more spacious than the Charcoal, although its not as practical to keep clean.
Great pictures thank you Northman :)
I suspect that your colour is the same as I saw today, that was not a pure grey by any means.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=114&p=5726#p5726

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
With so many new members joining this month I am bound to ask if there are more votes to be gathered in :?:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.