XF Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems to me that recently this forum has or is slipping in to a Jaguar XF Sucks forum :(
Whatever happened to the posts of happy new owners, proud of their XF and happy to tell of their experiences receiving admiring glances, unsolicited Thumbs Up from passing motorists and stories of the sheer joy of owning a super car.
I hope this thread dies a quick death and is quickly replaced with threads that are positive and uplifting rather than the depressing stuff I have been reading of late. :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
pekem, surely this is an open forum?, I like my XF but there are things I dont like about it just like pretty much every other car I have owned. I loved the 530d engine but the steptronic gearbox was terrible (See I dont just like BMW's ;) ).

I think we can all be honest in that some of us are not 100% happy, we go on the forum for advice and if there is a fix for the issues then I would like to know so I get get my car fixed.

Nothing is perfect in life and feedback is one of the tools to improve, to which I hope Jaguar will with the XF.

We all took a bit of a gamble being the first adopters of any new car, I bet if you buy an XF in 12 months time most of these niggles will be sorted.

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pekem said:
It seems to me that recently this forum has or is slipping in to a Jaguar XF Sucks forum :(
Whatever happened to the posts of happy new owners, proud of their XF and happy to tell of their experiences receiving admiring glances, unsolicited Thumbs Up from passing motorists and stories of the sheer joy of owning a super car.
I hope this thread dies a quick death and is quickly replaced with threads that are positive and uplifting rather than the depressing stuff I have been reading of late. :)
I think my question, which has not been answered, bears repeating :!:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
There are hundreds, nay thousands of satisfied XF owners out there, who don't feel the need to join a forum like this and many of us here could be accused of being perfectionists. I think joining any car/marque specific forum is rather like going to a doctor's surgery during a very serious flu epidemic. We start imagining things are not quite right or worrying about our cars developing faults and, shock horror, even breaking down. I still say my XF is the nicest car I have ever owned and believe me when I say there have been quite a few! If the XF had not been produced I would still be dithering about what to buy as a sensible more practical replacement for my XKR. Cheer up everyone an awful lot of people envy you.

·
Registered
196 Posts
i would be happy if mine did not have dent and ripples under door handle i have lost all faith in jaguar now and i have had 5 ... so hi ho hi ho its off to merc we go

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SN08 TOM said:
i would be happy if mine did not have dent and ripples under door handle i have lost all faith in jaguar now and i have had 5 ... so hi ho hi ho its off to merc we go

Just two of the eight post posts by SN08 TOM below; I must say I never saw the one above coming :eek: :shock:

SN08 TOM said:
After waiting for the XF since March 2007, I went on a factory tour in november, went to a ride and drive event in january and went to the launch night at my local dealer(who are more like friends than car salespeople) in february and finally took delivery on March the 1st i was such a happy man. This is my 3rd Jaguar and they keep getting better and better! However 2 weeks later when i was cleaning my 'baby' i noticed paint imperfections on the car. I returned to the dealership and had wonderful service again. It was taken away to a local approved bodyshop and they could not get a colour match however i was informed that it was the best they could get. I spoke to customer relations about this and i have never been treated so well. The paint expert came down and noticed the problem as soon as he seen the car. Much to my suprise i am receiving a new XF however this one will be indigo. I had to hand mine back today but to soften the blow i have been loaned a 57plate xj sovereign which is very nice but it isn't the XF! I'm very sad that my xf had to go back, but it is still nice to know that there are people like Hayley and George (customer relations & paint expert) that are solving my problem as best as they can!
SN08 TOM said:
We found 3 very dark streaks in the bonnet and the same thing in the back door and haunches. However we can not emphasise enough the outstanding service that we have had from our dealer and Jaguar Cars Ltd. We have spoken to other owners of the same colour xf who have not experienced the same problem, we have also looked at their vehicles and we could not find anything at all.
Please keep up the good work Jaguar!!!
The other 6 posts:

http://www.xfforum.co.uk/forum/search.p ... mit=Search

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Yes how very odd Tom :?

How can you be so full of praise then suddenly be selling up and moving on?

I take it something very dire has occurred in the past few weeks that's rocked your faith in Jaguar?

I also have to agree with Pekem, it is getting a tad morbid in here and to suggest that, just because we are on a forum we will slate the XF more is a bit of a cop out. XFFORUM.com is still quite chirpy about it, so whats the score here?

I'm collecting mine in 41 days (not that I'm counting :D ) but from the majority of what I read in here, it seems the honeymoon is well and truely over!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I must say that I agree with the comment that we are early adopters of this car and must accept that there will be teething problems. Myself and my Wife especially love our XF but we have had some issues with it. I own an IT company and you are always judged by how you respond the the problems, because when things are going OK there is nothing to say.

To date I have had theses issues:

1. Flawed paintwork(interested in above comment) at least 7 or 8 spots under paint
2. Flickering info dispaly
3. Rear windscreen flaw (everything looks jagged through the rear mirror)
4. Sunroof squeeking whilst on the move (drives you mad in a quiet car)

My dealer has put a second request through to Jaguar to get the car replaced as he has found some extra spots under the paint as well. But we will see.

I think that providing we are all constructive with our comments and not destructive then what's the problem with people sharing their experiances-good or bad- having come from having 3 Mercs and getting "Rubbish" Customer service from them I am interested to hear of other peoples dealings with Jaguar.

·
Registered
196 Posts
pekem said:
Just two of the eight post posts by SN08 TOM below; I must say I never saw the one above coming :eek: :shock:

Faith may be restored next week as I am having my door replaced...only time will tell...
However, I have been out in the car today and it is still the best car I have ever owned!!! :)

WATCH THIS SPACE!!

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SN08 TOM said:
pekem said:

Faith may be restored next week as I am having my door replaced...only time will tell...
However, I have been out in the car today and it is still the best car I have ever owned!!! :)

WATCH THIS SPACE!!
Delighted to hear it Tom,
So tell us all, what happened, did you cause a change of heart with the dealer or has Jaguar come up trumps :?:

·
Registered
196 Posts
been to see dealer today who now agrees i have reason to complain .i love my car again.not that it was cars fault in first place !

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SN08 TOM said:
been to see dealer today who now agrees i have reason to complain .i love my car again.not that it was cars fault in first place !
That is very good news Tom, we will all hope that it is resoved very quickly indeed. :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
:twisted: you really need to read the 'complaints' that are coming in, in this forum, the one that keeps reaccuring is the rear brake disc one for example, the complaint is not that there is obviously a problem, and i know this for a fact, mine have been replaced, the problem is with the service that us XF owners are getting at the dealers. just read the points raised.
i am a very proud XF owner and i love my car and everything about it and i would recommend it to anybody.
but the bloody minded-ness of Jaguar over this problem is hard to stomach, but oh no you cant blame the dealers, so who do you blame - us - the owners. you are the so called Jag expert, you do something about it. and stop bitching about us. we are reporting legitimate problems here and nobody is doing anything about it at the proper level. :evil:

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
v6arj said:
:twisted: you really need to read the 'complaints' that are coming in, in this forum, the one that keeps reaccuring is the rear brake disc one for example, the complaint is not that there is obviously a problem, and i know this for a fact, mine have been replaced, the problem is with the service that us XF owners are getting at the dealers. just read the points raised.
i am a very proud XF owner and i love my car and everything about it and i would recommend it to anybody.
but the bloody minded-ness of Jaguar over this problem is hard to stomach, but oh no you cant blame the dealers, so who do you blame - us - the owners. you are the so called Jag expert, you do something about it. and stop bitching about us. we are reporting legitimate problems here and nobody is doing anything about it at the proper level. :evil:
You are angry about somebody but I have to say it is difficult to know who? Reading your post it appears that you are blaming the forum, thinking perhaps that the forum is Jaguar. Well the Administrator can write for himself but I would be surprised if he was, as I have always assumed that he is totally independent. As for the members, it might be that someone has a close connection, but again I am sure if that were so, the member would not write expressing the view of Jaguar.

In any event, if somebody believes that they are not getting a level of service that they feel they are entitled to they should firstly take it up with the dealer, and if not happy with the response then refer it to Jaguar using the number posted elsewhere :)

·
Administrator
434 Posts
This forum is totally independent of Jaguar.

The only tie I have with Jaguar is that I own an XF. Its the first jag I've owned, I also have no relatives or contacts at Jaguar, although I'm sure we get some browsers and users from Jaguar itself.

Everyone is free to complain or complement the car as much as they wish on the forum. I Imagine most users will be owners or thinking of owning an XF. On a forum such as this you are always going to get people picking over the bones of the car - finding (and hopefully solving) faults, and enthusing about the car.

As long as the discourse is relatively civil I'm not going to start moderating posts to maintain an "XF is perfect" atmosphere.

The XF is not perfect - but it's still the best car I've ever had!

·
Registered
51 Posts
XF Admin said:
This forum is totally independent of Jaguar.

The only tie I have with Jaguar is that I own an XF. Its the first jag I've owned, I also have no relatives or contacts at Jaguar, although I'm sure we get some browsers and users from Jaguar itself.

Everyone is free to complain or complement the car as much as they wish on the forum. I Imagine most users will be owners or thinking of owning an XF. On a forum such as this you are always going to get people picking over the bones of the car - finding (and hopefully solving) faults, and enthusing about the car.

As long as the discourse is relatively civil I'm not going to start moderating posts to maintain an "XF is perfect" atmosphere.

The XF is not perfect - but it's still the best car I've ever had!
well said and i'd like to also quote myself when i speak to my lady "i know you have your ups and downs and so do i but we are perfect for each other". for a man who is going to buy an XF (midnight Black with crome gills :cool: ) the more i read about the foult of this car , the more i love it becasue if it was A Perfect car then it is no longer a perfect car for me :ugeek: .

·
Registered
242 Posts
I only joined the forum yesterday as I am taking delivery of my XF on 1st September and having happened on the site was perturbed by the comments about the niggling faults people seem to have been having. However the reassurance I have received since my first post and the other positive comments which I have read on the forum have made me feel quite comfortable with my decision to purchase an XF.
Personally on my limited exposure to the site, it seems to me that that the general approach is one of ' if we share our experiences (good or bad) then maybe an already outstanding motor car can be improved'.
Pretending that all is perfect never improves anyhting.

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
andrewll said:
I only joined the forum yesterday as I am taking delivery of my XF on 1st September and having happened on the site was perturbed by the comments about the niggling faults people seem to have been having. However the reassurance I have received since my first post and the other positive comments which I have read on the forum have made me feel quite comfortable with my decision to purchase an XF.
Personally on my limited exposure to the site, it seems to me that that the general approach is one of ' if we share our experiences (good or bad) then maybe an already outstanding motor car can be improved'.
Pretending that all is perfect never improves anyhting.
Good news Andrew, and you are quite right the XF is an outstanding car. Now you can continue the torture and excitement of waiting until the 1st September. Nothing you have read will match the experience that awaits you :D

·
Registered
242 Posts
Thanks Pekem, cant wait.
Point is though I think this is a 'sensible' forum (meant in the nicest possible way!!) I have been in Alfa, Audi and BMW forums and frankly so many of the posts/threads are so childish it beggars belief. At least on this forum the posts I have seen so far seem to be from real people with constructive comments !! Maybe that says something about the type of people that buy XF's!! Long may it continue

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
andrewll said:
Thanks Pekem, cant wait.
Point is though I think this is a 'sensible' forum (meant in the nicest possible way!!) I have been in Alfa, Audi and BMW forums and frankly so many of the posts/threads are so childish it beggars belief. At least on this forum the posts I have seen so far seem to be from real people with constructive comments !! Maybe that says something about the type of people that buy XF's!! Long may it continue
I do understand your comments regarding the other forums. We are few in number here, unlike "the other place" and I am pleased to say that we are mercifully spared the glib and often inane remarks made elswhere which very often take really interesting threads, yes they are posted on "the other place", way off topic.
:(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts