XF Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way home tonight I passed a 530d on a dual carriageway. When I came off on the slip road he appeared behind me and then proceeded to be right up my chuff and trying to prove a point as we negotiated a couple of roundabouts before taking another slip road onto the A3.

Still right behind me I decided I'd had enough of him so selected sport and dynamic mode, then flicked down a couple of gears on the paddle and gave it some beans. What a lovely satisfying feeling to see him get smaller and smaller in my rear view mirror ;) ;)

Now I know that's hardly the behaviour of mature, sensible Jaguar driver, but boy was it fun :D :D

Anybody else succumbed to the temptation to show another car a clean pair of heels :?: :twisted:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ha! Only on the test drive.........and that was a 2.7 platform.

Sport Bike on my tail as I dared to stick to 55 in a 50 zone approaching de-restricted 70 section! Dropped to Sport, Manual, 2flicks and floored it - nice to see a sport bike disappear in your rear view mirror......salesman was ever so polite when I commented how quiet the car was at 90 (not so many seconds later)....

Infantile behaviour yes, but the hand of torque exhibited helped convince me to move over to the dark side - never had to worry about DPFs before though or sticking EPBs on my Petrol Audi! Hope that both are glitches in anotherwise excellent car, if an when it ever arrives :)

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
I know exactly how you felt Andy; I have had a similar experience :lol:
However, I took the view that having established that my car was quicker, I didn't want to create a race track and so I decided to exit stage left in to a pub car park about a 1/2 mile further on, before the guy was given the opportunity to catch me up. :lol:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good call Peter. Fortunately (probably!) my exit was the next one off the A3 so only had to do a mile or so to go.

As I was heading up the slip road I saw the Beemer go past and I resisted the urge to wave - see I can be mature :D

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
And there's me, wearing my flat cap and driving gloves, trying to give XF drivers a good reputation. Yahoooo!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
171 Posts
XF Glasgow said:
Ha! Only on the test drive.........and that was a 2.7 platform.

Sport Bike on my tail as I dared to stick to 55 in a 50 zone approaching de-restricted 70 section! Dropped to Sport, Manual, 2flicks and floored it - nice to see a sport bike disappear in your rear view mirror......salesman was ever so polite when I commented how quiet the car was at 90 (not so many seconds later)....
That's because he let you go! You've got to be driving Ferrari 355's and faster to leave your average bike. My bus of a tourer does 0-60 in 2.9 seconds (or 3.1, depending who's figures you believe) which is the same as a 355 and sports bikes are much faster.

·
Registered
425 Posts
On Saturday night I had a little 'race' with a Bentley Continental Flying Spur Speed :eek: :lol: And I have to say the XF kept up pretty well and even passed the Bentley but I'm sure if he had really given it the beans I would've been left in his dust. But even the Bentley driver had a good look at the car when it was along side, and my 2.7 V6 did a good job against his 6.0 W12 or whatever they are. :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
When he booted it he was probably became distracted by the way the speedo and fuel gauge needles were moving in opposite directions :D

·
Registered
242 Posts
penultimateblack said:
And there's me, wearing my flat cap and driving gloves, trying to give XF drivers a good reputation. Yahoooo!!! quote]

Your reputation is shot anyway John after your comments in another thread yesterday :lol:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
penultimateblack said:
And there's me, wearing my flat cap and driving gloves, trying to give XF drivers a good reputation. Yahoooo!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I bet the cap has got 'go faster stripes' though :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
i gave in to the boy inside me once becasue of 530 BMW who overtaken my car from the service lane , so i put it in S and kicked him off the fast lane and then slowed down so he would catch up with me and kick him again , it was a good night kicking him for about 4 times that night , yet every time he gave me the finger :twisted:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Glad I'm not the only one to give into temptation ;)

Most of the time other drivers showing off or trying to prove a point doesn't bother me, but just occasionally.......... :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
XFAndy said:
Glad I'm not the only one to give into temptation ;)

Most of the time other drivers showing off or trying to prove a point doesn't bother me, but just occasionally.......... :twisted: :twisted:
I get away from BMW's because they are UGLY. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts