XF Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having owned my XF for two weeks now I can report that, due to a heavy workload, I have driven well over 2,000 miles, but frustratingly only 67 miles in my XF! Has anyone else covered such a paltry mileage after the most important purchase of their lives?
Naturally I am despondent and have spent the 2,000 miles XF spotting, jealously observing the contented smiles of other XF drivers.

I have seen over 100 XFs during the period, over half of them Ultimate Black. The least seen on any day was just one in rural mid Wales (in Dolgellau and boasting a fine set of Spires wheels). The most spotted was 22 on a return journey along the full length of the M40. There were only 2 XFs in the whole of Suffolk, both near Ipswich. Strangely, I saw several near Amersham, only then to stumble upon a dealership.

During the fortnight I had only one day at home, but the rain was incessant and I couldn't bear to take my shiny new pride and joy out of the garage. However today I'm free, the rain's stopped, the tank is still full and the keys are hot in my hand. Nothing can stop me now, except Lady raregrin has just remarked that the grass hasn't been cut for two weeks!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Concrete over the grass and get out in your XF :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
63 Posts
:idea: Contact the Boyscouts or similar organisations to call round, give them a donation for cutting the grass every two weeks :cool:

Yeah I know what you saying about not getting out in it much, I work away in Middle east for 10 weeks and home for 3 weeks so the car doesn't do many miles in a year.. :(

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
raregrin said:
Hmm, Clearly I should have left out the grass cutting bit.
No, no, no, it's nice to know there is life outside my XF! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Show your wife the mower instructions as you drive off....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts