XF Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking at the XF in my local dealer: he said there has been a bulletin stating there are a number of XFs that will be allowed 20 inch alloys through Jag

Unfortunately this is not my supplying dealer

Anyone know anything more before I fix my spec [Monday for end of May delivery: had date brought forward!]
:D

·
Registered
618 Posts
At launch it was suggested the Selena 20 inch alloys would be available for the non CATS cars. These were quickly withdrawn as the ride was awful (I know as I had a go in one around Coventry and it made an S-line Audi seem comfortable) Apparently they have now fixed the issue and you can have 20 inchers on any XF (across the board not just from specific dealers)

My advice would be - DONT! even though it is "fixed" on steel springs with 35 profile tyres it will still not exactly be comfortabel and one thing I have learnt over the years is that comfort for me wins over big wheels any day.

If your dealer is uncooperative and you desperately want 20 inch wheels I suggest you speak to Jaguar directly on 0800 085 1069.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

That is really useful

I have a couple of uncomfortable cars: help me with my cellulite and think that the 20s may be more comfortable than these at the moment!

Need to decide by next Tuesday!

Jon

·
Registered
57 Posts
If Jag have approved a 20" tyre for fitment from new then it must be pretty good, just look at the reports of how good the car is on 19s.

·
Registered
618 Posts
The 19s give a firm ride (not harsh) and its certainly harder riding than any Jaguar before. I would be very cautious of the 20s

1 - 5 of 5 Posts