XF Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Im still not 100% sure on how different the above option is to the 3.0d PL's rear parking aid with touch screen visual aid? Is the camera a 'must' and worth the extra cost on a 3.od PL ?

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
Is it a case of "not one without the other" :?:
In other words; isn't the camera bundled with the all round parking sensors :?:
If it is then I think that it is worth while having, more perhaps for the sensors than the camera itself.
I have gained a lot of skill "parking by ear" and could probably manage without the camera but given the size of the car and the visibilty through the rear window, I would not want to be without the sensors.
Incidentally, the combination of camera and sensors is still the No1 choice in our poll: :!:
See here :
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=577

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See, I felt the sensors would be enough without camera; on the 3.0d prem lux it comes with rear parking aid which includes touch screen visual indicator (which in my opinon would be ample), but the camera is an option to add which gives the actual visual.....
after your comment I reckon the standard PL would be ample.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi XF FX, I personally could not do without the sensors and rear camera. The camera is great for reversing into parking spots.

Try one at a dealer to help make your mind up.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
FX its not so much the rear camera being a must have, but more for the fact that you can only get the Front sensors as part of the camera pack. I would say that the front sensors are a definite plus due to the size of the car. So, in answer to your question, YES the rear camera pack in my opinion is a "must have" If in any doubt look at the thread for most popular extra and you'll see the camera is no1.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, now im confused :? the standard on 3.0d PL says "rear parking aid -includes touch screen visual indicator).... if it was only front then yes, i would have the camera, but it says it has rear indicator.... I'll call jag I think to clarify....or wait til i get the new 09 brochure through tomorrow....
I remember the day that buying a car was a simple task - it had an engine, steering wheel, set of gears, a few pedals, and away..oh, and was the right colour-Black!! :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cheers, I have a few of the pages printed off, I agree its not the easiest to navigate on the pc... hopefully easier to understand with brochure tomorrow...anyway, from the brochure the 3.0d PL comes with, as standard, REAR parking aid/sensors, which includes visual indicator - which I think will surfice - as opposed to the Parking aid pack which is FRONT parking aid/sensors and a the rear camera. Lets just hope I dont have any inanimate objects in front of me !!! ;)

I think we have probably exhausted this topic, so thank you everyone who has helped me with sorting this out. Its finally a bit clearer and means I now know what I want....now just to time the ordering right.....

a hopefully, soon-to-be, XF driver......

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
The parking aid pack, which includes 4 front sensors and a rear camera, is good value at £387 and a must have option in my opinion. The front sensors are a necessity while the camera is useful, especially when reversing in supermarket car parks with all the associated dangers.

I would also recommend ordering Bi-Xenon headlights as the standard Halogens are a bit weak.

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
I agree Vapourgrey, it is the all round sensors that are important. I would not want to be tested today, having just had a glass or two, but I think that it is probable that I could park a car blindfolded, with a little lattitude, using just the sensors :!:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I should recognize that, I was not going for the rear camera, but as my car was 2.7 PL from dealer stock, it was included as part of Front sensors Pack.
I would say it is useful because of the size of the car and the rear visibility, mainly when parking in city center where you cannot see those small concrete protection for pedestrian.
So I would go for it, it is a real plus and save time to quickly parking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts