XF Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Welcome to the forum Paul. I've had my 2015 2.2D for just over 6 months now and I have to say I am loving it. Without doubt the best car I have owned. It is a joy to drive. There are 2 versions of the 2.2D, the entry level 161bhp and the uprated 200bhp. I would go for the latter. This version combined with the silky smooth 8-speed gearbox provides plenty of power and makes it a great motorway cruiser. Mine will cruise at 70mph at just over 1,500rpm all day long and gives me 55+mpg on a run. I had over 60mpg on one trip.

Like all cars, the XF's do have their weak spots, electrical issues can occur from a weak or failing battery. Door locks are common failure. There is a known issue with water from the windscreen washer bottle wicking into the wiring and fuse box which is an expensive repair but they can be checked and fitted with a mod to prevent it happening. Timing belt will need changing at around 100k.

Despite the niggles, as I said, it is without doubt the best car I have owned. Get one with a decent service history and make sure it has all the bells and whistles you want. Go for it and enjoy!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I'm looking at getting a 2014 / 2015 Jaguar XF , the 2.2D model.
What are the pros and cons?
Any info you have would be really appreciated.
.......Paul
Hi Paul, I’ve had my 2013 2.2 for a year now, touch wood I have had only one issue, the near side daytime running light stayed on for a few days. It went off and it had been fine up to now. I have done 7000 miles , it hasn’t used a drop of oil. It is a pleasure to drive. Best car I’ve owned. Hope this has been useful. The timing belt needs changing at 70,000 miles or 7 years.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2p would be:
Definitely consider the 200bhp 2.2D vs the 3.0 V6 D. Especially in the current climate of very high fuel prices.
I have an XF S 3.0D and you need to do some extraordinary frugal driving to average in excess of 30mpg.
Granted I have a heavy right foot 😂 and the acceleration of the car is intoxicating, 5000 miles in I am wishing I had bought the 2.2D.
It is not fun going to the pumps and it costs £125 to fill up!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts