XF Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
22,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently we have been told by some members that the diminished performance of the halogen lights and the obscuration of vision, in relation to the driving side mirror, that is said to occur when driving fast in heavy rain, both constitute separate dangerous driving hazards. Leaving aside the wisdom of driving at illegal speeds in heavy rain, I wonder if the first action in relation to the mirror problem should be to take it to a Jaguar dealer and get it checked. It is the same with the lights. Not much point in effecting a D.I.Y. installation and keeping Jaguar in the dark.
It is unreasonable to complain about an issue and not allow Jaguar to examine it. We know that if an issue is not properly examined and reported to Jaguar the chances of a resolution is delayed.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
pekem said:
Recently we have been told by some members that the diminished performance of the halogen lights and the obscuration of vision, in relation to the driving side mirror, that is said to occur when driving fast in heavy rain, both constitute separate dangerous driving hazards. Leaving aside the wisdom of driving at illegal speeds in heavy rain, I wonder if the first action in relation to the mirror problem should be to take it to a Jaguar dealer and get it checked. It is the same with the lights. Not much point in effecting a D.I.Y. installation and keeping Jaguar in the dark.
It is unreasonable to complain about an issue and not allow Jaguar to examine it. We know that if an issue is not properly examined and reported to Jaguar the chances of a resolution is delayed.
Are you suggesting we leave our cars with a dealer until it decides to rain heavily so a mechanic can emulate Lewis Hamilton on the nearest motorway, or hammer them down a dark county lane then make a subjective assessment on the effectiveness of the headlight bulbs?

Jaguar ought carry out the tests in their own XF's, so those who think it is a problem ought to complain to customer service.

·
Administrator
22,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vapourgrey said:
pekem said:
Are you suggesting we leave our cars with a dealer until it decides to rain heavily so a mechanic can emulate Lewis Hamilton on the nearest motorway, or hammer them down a dark county lane then make a subjective assessment on the effectiveness of the headlight bulbs?

Jaguar ought carry out the tests in their own XF's, so those who think it is a problem ought to complain to customer service.
It appears that won't be required.
Good news is that Jaguar dealerships have access to equipment that allows them to do on site testing of lights and if needed, replace faulty lamps under warranty. In addition they would be more than happy to raise quality control issues on your behalf with Jaguar to ensure factory investigation.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
There was nothing faulty with the halogen H7 bulbs I removed from my bi-Xenon equipped car, they were just too damn weak from the start. and should never have been signed off by Jaguar. I replaced them with a pair of xenon filled H7 bulbs (Not to be confused with HID's) and have no complaints now. As for the aerodynamically challenged door mirrors, I can live with them and in the present financiial climate I just can't see Jaguar retro-fitting modified versions, if they ever appear.
Happy Christmas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts