XF Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like to think Jaguar drivers are the sort of people who don't throw things out of the window, or leave litter lying around. Perhaps I shouldn't generalise.

I wonder why the XF has been designed, commissioned and manufactured without anyone thinking of placing a small bin for car park tickets or sweet wrappers, the sort of bits of debris we generate as we drive around.

In my car, I have improvised by using a plastic cup in the forward placed small opening trapdoor as a receptacle for my waste. Hardly a neat, elegant, solution in a supposedly luxury product.

This is a petty point, but does it bother anyone else?

Jaguar could source and supply a small close fitting stainless steel cup [with leaper logo] to sit in that trapdoor and retrofit them, maybe when they replace all the distorted rear XF windows?

Tony

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Tony,
I use the small compartment for storing coins for parking meters and rubbish is dropped in to the door compartment; don't see a need for anything else. :)

·
Registered
294 Posts
My previous car - a Saab 9-5, had really handy little pockets on the front of the seat squabs - ideal for sweet papers and the like; I certainly think that Jag missed a (small) trick here.

·
Registered
618 Posts
pekem said:
Tony,
I use the small compartment for storing coins for parking meters and rubbish is dropped in to the door compartment; don't see a need for anything else. :)
yeah my rubbish goes in the door too or if its about to be cleaned i sometimes put it in the footwell behind the front seats but only for a short while! :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts