XF Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up Saturday's Irish Times to see large 1/3 page for Jaguar XF in Dealerships across Ireland. New Sell Price reduced by 20%!!

I'm gutted.

Have Jag XF Prices dropped anywhere else? :cry: :shock: :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Possibly, but it is a significant drop in price and may be more in response to the current downturn in the motortrade here. It still is a huge devaluation for anyone like me who bought a car in good faith just 9 months ago!

Is this price drop happening anywhere else? :?:

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
Denis in Dublin said:
Possibly, but it is a significant drop in price and may be more in response to the current downturn in the motortrade here. It still is a huge devaluation for anyone like me who bought a car in good faith just 9 months ago!

Is this price drop happening anywhere else? :?:
Well there are reports today that the Castle Bromwich factory has ceased production from today for two weeks.
In addition there are anecdotal reports of large discounts being made available to buyers but I have not seen any evidence of a campaign offering a uniform discount of that amount.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Possibly a combination of both I'd say.

Dealers will always discount the "old stock" when a new engine line/facelift model is due for release, and then there's also the whole economic climate where all dealers are clambering to attract sales.

I noticed the other day that BMW are offering a free upgrade to their M-Sport trim level from SE on most of the range and I even saw one Mazda dealership on TV the other week saying that they had an offer on their CX-7 4x4 where if you bought one of those they were giving you a Mazda 2 free! :shock:
Many others are offering low interest finance or some other freebies (sat-nav, leather etc)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Our banana republic Sterling is much weaker against the Euro!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have just noticed that Jaguar have used cover of the temporary VAT reduction to increase prices in the UK.
The new 3.0l diesel has had 2.5% added to the list price over the 2.7, giving an identical OTR price as the original 2.7 - until VAT goes back up that is, when it will be more expensive.

Martin

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
thegasman said:
I have just noticed that Jaguar have used cover of the temporary VAT reduction to increase prices in the UK.
The new 3.0l diesel has had 2.5% added to the list price over the 2.7, giving an identical OTR price as the original 2.7 - until VAT goes back up that is, when it will be more expensive.

Martin
Surely the surprise is that the new engine, more powerful, greener etc., did not attract a premium greater than 2.5% :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts