XF Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, one month late and after four delays, my car finally arrived last Monday. Too late for Xmas but I nevertheless feel like a kid whose Xmases have all come at once. I absolutely love it. :p Jaguar have made a thing of real beauty given the number of people of who come up to me in car parks when shopping or at work to comment and have a look. Fortunately, none of the various issues I'd noted from this site for my checklist have arisen - yet! The brake discs were very dirty/discoloured (yellow/brown) but the first few hundred miles of use seems to have cleaned them up.

Anyway, a technical question from a technical idiot :roll: (so no sniggers please, thank you). Given that my iPod does not seem to switch off when I switch the car off (and it did in my previous car in its HF transmitter cradle when I switched that car off), I am assuming that its charging requirements and that of my phone if it's plugged into the auxiliary socket will have negligible drain on the battery and I can just leave them there switched on and being topped up rather than manually switching them on/off every time?

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Good to read Neill that you have your car and that it is as you had hoped :)
I have left my iPhone plugged in and never given it a thought with regard to battery drain, assuming that it wasn't.
However, there is a question concerning the charging of the iPhone 3G, and maybe the later iPods. It seems that you may need a special adaptor because charging will not happen.

See:
http://www.xfforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopi ... 3192#p3192

1 - 2 of 2 Posts