XF Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
Can you please give me some advice?
I have never had an Ipod and have always been dowloading my music to CDs and then to my car etc.
When I bought the XF and saw the Ipod plug and connector I tried a friend's Ipod Shuffle (tiny one) which didn't work as i couldn't connect it to the car.
The connector cable that came with the car has a fairly wide and thin connection.
Does anyone know which Ipod I need to buy to connect it to the car with the cable supplied?
I am guessing it will be the Classic but can you confirm?

thank you for your help
ck1

·
Registered
100 Posts
You are correct iPod Classic works. I was in the same boat as you a few months ago, didn't own an iPod - however, must say, all my CD's are being uploaded to my iPod. CD's are going in the cupboard. Quality sounds on iPod and with the interface as an extra on my XF, it is well worth it. Easy to use, just plug and select portable audio, all folders are available, just like looking at your iPod. You won't look back. My CD is redundant.

I bought a 160GB - it will take months to fill up and months to play all the music. I just select the mix and let it play at random.

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Slickfingers said:
You are correct iPod Classic works. I was in the same boat as you a few months ago, didn't own an iPod - however, must say, all my CD's are being uploaded to my iPod. CD's are going in the cupboard. Quality sounds on iPod and with the interface as an extra on my XF, it is well worth it. Easy to use, just plug and select portable audio, all folders are available, just like looking at your iPod. You won't look back. My CD is redundant.

I bought a 160GB - it will take months to fill up and months to play all the music. I just select the mix and let it play at random.
I use the supplied lead for the iPod within my iPhone and I have to say; through the Bowers and Wilkins it is superb. It is magical seeing the track title etc, display on the main touch screen and if I get, or want to make, a phone call the iPod is paused automatically. :)

·
Administrator
433 Posts
Another vote for an Iphone here - great to use all round - especially with the XF.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
My ancient iPod works fine, but it doesn't go into sleep mode when the car's electrics are switched off so it's battery drains. No problem if the car is in daily use.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you guys very helpful.
EIther I'll buy a classic now or wait till my mobile contract runs out and get an I-phone.
cheers
ck1

·
Registered
35 Posts
Guys

I've an iPod Touch and it's bloody fantastic. It can surf the web (wi-fi), play your music, play games, view YouTube videos (via wi-fi), play movies (I've got 3 sitting on mine), check stock prices, give you the weather report etc etc etc.

Now I've a load of toys(gadgets) and working in IT I certainly come across some poor and Ok products; but the iPod Touch is a excellent player and productivity tool.

p.s. I don't work for Apple!

·
Administrator
433 Posts
I think it's a big plus in the XF's favour that it works so well with mp3 players and specifically ipods.

If you check other car forums there are loads and loads of threads about how to get an ipod to work with their car and Jaguar seem to have done very well with their interface.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Get an Ipod classic and load it with your CDs using the Apple lossless converter facility in the latest Itunes. Any other Ipods (including the Iphone) playing standard MP3s will sound rubbish once the volume gets going or with the B+W as you will notice the bits in a standard MP3 that are "lost"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts