XF Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else having this problem?

I am using a gen3 Ipod 20gb on the music interface and it is connected securely at both ends. However, today when I start the car the Ipod is TOTALLY dead and wont even start. When driving along in this situation the car doesnt charge the Ipod so it is still dead. This is the second time this has happened to me and im now wondering if the car has ever charged the ipod or if it just plays it and then it eventually runs out.

Anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Craig, I've been using one of the original 4GB iPods for six weeks and it charges OK. When connected it shows the leaper Jaguar logo and the battery always shows fully charged. I have heard of later ipods with hard drives (Classics) locking in play mode which drains their battery even when off.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I fear my Ipod might be dead :roll: I dont have the wall charger any more but if i plug it into the usb port it doesnt respond!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Craig, try leaving it in for a long time. The battery could be so knackered that it's having difficulty in starting to charge. Otherwise find someone with a wall charger and leave it plugged in for a few hours. The USB charging is probably quite a bit weaker than wall charging.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think your right Roma. A friend of mine has a wall charger so will try that. I will check in future that it turns off and if it doesnt then the dealer can sort it.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
You can buy a wall charger on eBay for a couple of quid.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Vapourgrey said:
You can buy a wall charger on eBay for a couple of quid.
Yeah and I will if i have to BUT shouldnt the music interface that is a 300 odd quid option not require you to have to do that. None of my previous cars with iopd systems have needed it.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I would get one to check the iPod battery performance. It's always useful to have one at hand.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think the Ipod battery only charges when the ignition is on. If the Ipod battery is old by Ipod standards, starting the car may not be sufficient to kick the Ipod into life and the Ipod will require a good mains charge.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I left the dead ipod plugged into the usb on the computer for ages and it has come back to life. Would appear then that somehow the car is draining the ipod when its not in use. Will keep an eye on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts