XF Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I see many members are finding that the bluetooth volume is too queit when paired with an Iphone...

The solution is rather simple! The Iphone has seperate bluetooth volume slider that usually defaults to 50%. You can only alter this, whilst it is actively paired to the bluetooth system.

I therefore suggest that members make a call using the touchscreen, and then use the phone's volume slider to increase bluetooth volume. Its works a treat!

I stupidly set my phone volume to full and the car's bluetooth volume to full. I nearly jumped out of my seat when i took me next call!!!

Oh and those with an Iphone 3GS can dial using voice control and play tracks using voice control too. You do need to hold the phone's home button down to do it though...

Let me know if any of you find this helpful???

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well, that would be an easy fix!

Spent ages looking for the BT volume on the phone, no luck. Apparently you:

http://clublexus.com/forums/hybrid-tech ... olved.html

"simply initiate a call on the iPhone using the bluetooth connectivity, then increase the volume (as you would the ringer or speaker volume, using the buttons on the side). This will adjust the "bluetooth volume".

This change is persistent; that is, it will not need to be made again until you update the firmware (apparently)."

Update: Yes, it works, and is persistent, Can now hear people in car much better. Not sure however that it does anything for the mic gain, so I'm still quiet at the other end.

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
Welcome to the forum, airconditionedgypsy :)
Pleased to read that it isn't only XF owners that get frustrated with modern technology :lol:
I am bound to think if you have just saved £85 you could make a small donation to our Help for Heroes appeal.
See below :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
stanwan said:
Okay I see many members are finding that the bluetooth volume is too queit when paired with an Iphone...

The solution is rather simple! The Iphone has seperate bluetooth volume slider that usually defaults to 50%. You can only alter this, whilst it is actively paired to the bluetooth system.

I therefore suggest that members make a call using the touchscreen, and then use the phone's volume slider to increase bluetooth volume. Its works a treat!

I stupidly set my phone volume to full and the car's bluetooth volume to full. I nearly jumped out of my seat when i took me next call!!!

Oh and those with an Iphone 3GS can dial using voice control and play tracks using voice control too. You do need to hold the phone's home button down to do it though...

Let me know if any of you find this helpful???

That adjustment is now gone with the OS4 update :cry:

·
Registered
9 Posts
JimmyJag said:
stanwan said:
That adjustment is now gone with the OS4 update :cry:
I have just installed the OS4 update on my iPod and the hands free volumes seems to have improved significantly: So whereas the 'fix' may no longer be possible; by the same token it may no longer be necessary!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just turn the audio volume knob on the dashboard (next to the fan knob) while on a call. this higher s and lowers the volume of the call.

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
sharkey said:
Just turn the audio volume knob on the dashboard (next to the fan knob) while on a call. this higher s and lowers the volume of the call.
Welcome to the forum sharkey :)
Do please complete something of your profile, details how are in the mail I sent you.

I imagine that your tip about the volume control could better apply to the thumb wheel on the steering wheeel :?:

·
Registered
7 Posts
pekem said:
sharkey said:
Welcome to the forum sharkey :)
Do please complete something of your profile, details how are in the mail I sent you.

I imagine that your tip about the volume control could better apply to the thumb wheel on the steering wheeel :?:
Not tried that one, will give it a go. Just updated my profile.
Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts