XF Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone test an Iphone on their test drive or on their car?

On my test drive I plugged mine and my wife's Iphone in and both were not recognised by the Audio system - it kept flashing ipod docked then undocking and docking again. Couldn't control it or hear it through the audio system though.

Is there a different cable for iphone or was I just unlucky or is the car only able to use an Ipod and not an Iphone?

·
Administrator
432 Posts
I hope it works John

I've got an iphone too but didn't test it out on the test drive. Assumed it would work with no problems.

Anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
16 Posts
John

The good news is that the Iphone works really well. All the addresses load in seconds

As a phone it connects via Blutooth and also the Jag supplied cable attaches so that you can play the music from your I Phone.

The only small niggle I have found are that when the I phone is plugged in the phone goes a bit crazy as if it is competing with the Ipod part of the phone.

The car is just amazing so happy owning when you get it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
i have an iphone and choose the bowes wilkins audio upgrade, which is great. the phone works very well with the bluetooth link, all names and numbers can be viewed nd chosen on the main screen. the ipod part of the phone works well to, but this needs the cable link. this will only stream/play music, again the tracks come up on the main screen, but it wil not play any of the vidios that i have downloaded. so, in all - yes it works really well. :shock:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's good to know. I love my Iphone! All I listen too is podcasts and audio books in the car now.

The only small niggle I have found are that when the I phone is plugged in the phone goes a bit crazy as if it is competing with the Ipod part of the phone.
What do you mean by this Ady? Is this the problem of the iphone not docking or the usual "this accessory is not meant to be used with iphone" message?

·
Registered
16 Posts
That and a bit more John...

If I don't plug the I phone in it behaves perfectly via Bluetooth (although it sometimes seems to undock itself)

Once I have plugged it in though the phone seems to be docked and all the numbers etc.. are on screen but it does not dial out or in on the screen.

The only way to fix it seems to be engine off and restart !

It has only happened a couple of times so may be a coincidence.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm hard to know whether that's an apple or jaguar problem. Hopefully it'll all work OK though.

Just an FYI Ady if your iphone is unlocked there is a new tool out which can unlock any iphone and put any version of firmware on it - looks pretty simple - http://www.ModMyiFone.com

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm a little concerned that the blurb says that Blackberry is not supported: now, it's several months till my XF arrives and maybe it'll be sorted out by then. But has anyone tried a Blackberry phone? Does 'not supported' mean "it works, but goodness knows how"; or does it mean "definitely doesn't work"?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts