XF Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just switched to an iPhone 3G (Still waiting for it to Activate).

I connected it to the iPod connection but it come up with a warning that it did not support this device. Has anyone else had this issue?

If you can't use the iPod connection for playing music through your iPhone or to Charge the iPhone is there another way?

Steve W

·
Registered
618 Posts
It will play music through the connection but it wont charge as Apple in their infinate wisdom decided to change the charging specification with the new Iphone to one which is different to all Ipods that went before it. Therefore you will find that most ipod docks wont charge it. Apparantly they are working on an update at Jaguar but when that will be ready is like asking how long is a peice of string

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Hi Steve,
Welcome to the forum.
Craig is quite right; just ignore the message.
As I understand it Apple developed Firewire technology but chose to leave it out of the 3G and so the charging problem started.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Steve,

I saw this elsewhere in the forums the PASSport from Scosche will sort this for you. I have an iPhone 3G and use all the features it has with my XF. It only fails on the charging, just ignore the phone screen when it asks if you want to go into airplane mode and use the interface in the car.

The link is below for the PASSport which is simply an adapter that will attach to the existing cable and provide charging as well as functionality.

http://www.scosche.com/products/productID/1667

J

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Jay said:
Hi Steve,

I saw this elsewhere in the forums the PASSport from Scosche will sort this for you. I have an iPhone 3G and use all the features it has with my XF. It only fails on the charging, just ignore the phone screen when it asks if you want to go into airplane mode and use the interface in the car.

The link is below for the PASSport which is simply an adapter that will attach to the existing cable and provide charging as well as functionality.

http://www.scosche.com/products/productID/1667

J
Jay,
You will find that we have already had this info posted at:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=369l

As you get more familiar with the forum you will master the search facility which is often proves useful :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Pekem,

yeah, I see it now, bottom left :oops:

ta

1 - 6 of 6 Posts