XF Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I paid the extra oney for the IPod connector, which works fine with an existing IPod.
When i try and connect the new IPhone 3G, a message on the phone appears "This accessory is incompatible".
It still plays the music but the phone will not charge.

Is there any software updates to the car software ?

Or is it a fix that apple have to add to the phone ?

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
martinmc666 said:
I paid the extra oney for the IPod connector, which works fine with an existing IPod.When i try and connect the new IPhone 3G, a message on the phone appears "This accessory is incompatible".
It still plays the music but the phone will not charge.

Is there any software updates to the car software ?

Or is it a fix that apple have to add to the phone ?
Not sure what you are saying. Is it an iPod or iPhone, with an iPod on board? Or do you now have both?
My iPhone 2G docks with the car using the cable that was included with the car. When connection is made to dock the iPod, within the iPhone, I do get a message about incompatibilty and also an option to turn on Airplane mode, to lessen interference. I ignore this and just say no. Everything then works well and also charges.

·
Administrator
434 Posts
According to another post the Iphone 3G has a new pin layout which changes the charging method on the phone. Jaguar will need to come up with a new cable for the 3g Iphone to solve the problem

http://www.xfforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopi ... 7&start=20

As Pekem says the other message is just about interference - just ignore the message and the phone and music work fine (apart from your charging issue).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts