Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
the continuing saga of Jag and InTouch maps. I've just been told by Jaguar Customers Services that Jaguar will no longer update maps. No explanation, just abandoned.
My XF was first registered May 2017 and is a MY 2018, so after only 3 years Jaguar have abandoned support for a major car function.

Anyone, any thoughts about this issue?

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
Hi all,
the continuing saga of Jag and InTouch maps. I've just been told by Jaguar Customers Services that Jaguar will no longer update maps. No explanation, just abandoned.
My XF was first registered May 2017 and is a MY 2018, so after only 3 years Jaguar have abandoned support for a major car function.

Anyone, any thoughts about this issue?
You may find that a later version than the one you have is available if you speak to a dealer or the mapping publisher.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the latest & last update there is ..... you can only get updates from Jaguar via their PC or Mac app called "InControl Touch Map Updater". It is NOT the InTouch Control PRO system.

Look at: Jaguar

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the latest & last update there is ..... you can only get updates from Jaguar via their PC or Mac app called "InControl Touch Map Updater". It is NOT the InTouch Control PRO system.

Look at: Jaguar
My free map updates were no longer available after the 3y warranty expired. Have you tried setting up an account using the Map Updater app? I did this recently in order to update the maps on my MY2016 model. I had to pay £100 to the map company, NNG, for Europe and Russia. (One then finds that stingy Jaguar had provided an SD card that is too small to accommodate every country update, so my Turkey map is out-of-date...)

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
JLR have confirmed that "updates have been withdrawn as a business decision".
Not a surprise. The mapping company continues of course and if you contact them they may have knowledge of a third party willing to commission the production and marketing of an updated disc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not a surprise. The mapping company continues of course and if you contact them they may have knowledge of a third party willing to commission the production and marketing of an updated disc.
Do you know who the mapping company is?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As already previously posted, I have the last update released for the InControl Touch system dated 29th November 2019 and JLR have officially stated that there will be no further updates to the map data. They have abandoned this product ... it is a dead parrot. My only interest is in making other JLR owners aware of the situation & see if there are enough people for some sort class action.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
2019 is not that bad. I have a 2009 XF. The latest map is 2014/15, which suggests, that the data have been collected in 2013. All in all, Jaguar seems to abandon the updates rather quickly. I think the 2011 XF uses the same maps as mine. That means, the owner of such a car could only get updated maps for three years after buying the car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
2019 is not that bad. I have a 2009 XF. The latest map is 2014/15, which suggests, that the data have been collected in 2013. All in all, Jaguar seems to abandon the updates rather quickly. I think the 2011 XF uses the same maps as mine. That means, the owner of such a car could only get updated maps for three years after buying the car.
Not even 3 years for some. The InControl Touch system with the 8" screen was installed all through 2018 and I think there maybe some in 2019. So some buyers only got 1 update and support lasted 12 months. It does not enhance JLR's reputation and I know it has put off a few people from buying another or, for some of my contacts, buying 1 for the 1st time. Volvo provide free regular updates - as much as I like my XF and was considering buying another, I am currently looking at replacing my XF with a Volvo S90.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.