XF Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They all come on when it touch the dome light to turn them on but they don't come on anymore when opening the door. Any one know how to reset this?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Page 74. Paragraph 6.
Touch the front courtesy light lense for approximately 2 seconds to activate/deactivate automatic lumination of rear interior lights.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The rear light already comes on when I manually turn the front one on. Neither of them turn on when I open the doors though.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Try activating the (centre) front courtesy lamp as above.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I held my finger on the front light unil it turned on then off again. Doing this reset the light and now it comes on when the door is opened. Thanks for the help. This is also the way it says to make the rear light go on and off when the front light does. I'm not sure how to differentiate between the two, but there is a difference because I already tried to turn on/off the rear light by holding for 2 seconds. The difference must be holding it past the point where the rear light changes and then all lights turn off, then you've either activated or deactivated. How the whole thing got deactivated in the first place is a mystery to me. One time it worked the next time it didn't and I did nothing with the lights in between.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just a quick question, how many interior lights should illuminate in total ? I have the three at the front, the middle once the door is open and the other two upon touch. On the rear only the left side illuminates with the door open but both work with touch, also is the middle of the rear just a lens or should that light up as well ?

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Just a quick question, how many interior lights should illuminate in total ? I have the three at the front, the middle once the door is open and the other two upon touch. On the rear only the left side illuminates with the door open but both work with touch, also is the middle of the rear just a lens or should that light up as well ?
On entry just the middle light illuminates. Touch it and it is turned off. Touch all others and they will be turned on if required, turning off by the same procedure :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
What about the rear, is it just the left rear upon entry, also should all three rear lenses light up upon touch or just left and right. I'm trying to establish if the rear lamp has a fault.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
What about the rear, is it just the left rear upon entry, also should all three rear lenses light up upon touch or just left and right. I'm trying to establish if the rear lamp has a fault.
OK, just went out and checked. The centre front and both lights in the centre rear light on entry to the car. My car has only 2 lights in the centre rear.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Excellent, thanks for your time, I think I must have a little gremlin in there as the right rear will light up upon touch but not when the door opens. Thanks again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks all works well now.
Reset my interior courtesy and puddle lights, using the method given (touch and hold the front middle interior light)
this after the sudden failure of the courtesy and puddle lights.
The interior lights worked if touched manually but not when remotely opened or by opening the doors.
Thanks again,
saved me a trip the the stealers
Jaffa 123

1 - 12 of 12 Posts