XF Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having seen a number of XF's in different internal colours I have to say that the ivory interior is well worth the extra cost. Ours is vapour grey with ivory and the colour of the interior definitely lifts the car to another level. A chap in our village has a vapour grey with a black inside and it doesn't look anything like as classy as the ivory. Oh and we had it treated by the dealer before it was picked up (thought we'd cover every avenue to seek to keep such a light colour clean) and an unexplained dirty black mark just wiped off - most impressive.

·
Administrator
22,508 Posts
Well I agree you with about the black, I would not want it because it seems to me that most other cars on the road today are dark inside; the dashboard, generally a grey/black plastic and the upholstery tends to be dark in colour,albeit with a coloured pattern.
I have the champagne because I,like you, wanted a different ambiance to the norm but at the time of placing the order in the autumn of last year found it difficult to justify spending the extra on an option that I could not see. :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
I chose black for 2 reasons first I wanted a black steering wheel and upper dash (dove was the only other choice) and second when you see my 2 year old grandson climbing all over the seats you will understand why.

gary

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
It's a matter of personal taste. Before the XF was announced I almost bought a Merc E320 CDI. Every car I saw was silver with black leather seats. Very dark inside and boring outside!. I went for the Champagne because I wanted a light airy interior. I also think truffle complements the burr walnut.

·
Administrator
22,508 Posts
Vapourgrey said:
It's a matter of personal taste. Before the XF was announced I almost bought a Merc E320 CDI. Every car I saw was silver with black leather seats. Very dark inside and boring outside!. I went for the Champagne because I wanted a light airy interior. I also think truffle complements the burr walnut.

That looks really good. Strange, to think mine is exactly the same and I need a picture to look at to remind me how good it is. I suppose it is to do with me just opening a door and getting in :)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
pekem said:
That looks really good. Strange, to think mine is exactly the same and I need a picture to look at to remind me how good it is. I suppose it is to do with me just opening a door and getting in :)
I hope it still looks as good in three years time! :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts